|Paul di Resta Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1986|
Paul di Resta is a British car racing driver who is best known for driving in Formula One from 2011 to 2013. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 550k followers on Twitter, more than 100k followers on Facebook, and more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Paul di Resta
Uphall, West Lothian, Scotland, United Kingdom
He studied at the Bathgate Academy in West Lothian.
Pundit, Race Car Driver
- Father – Louis di Resta
- Mother – Marie di Resta
- Siblings – Stefan di Resta (Younger Brother) (Amateur Race Car Driver)
- Others – Dougie McCracken (Step-Father) (Former Scottish Professional Footballer), Marino Franchitti (Older Cousin Brother) (Race Car Driver), George Dario Marino Franchitti (Former Race Car Driver)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Paul has dated –
- Laura Jordan (2013-Present) – Paul got engaged to a girl named, Laura Jordan in December 2013. Later, the couple tied the knot with one another on August 28, 2014. The couple has 2 children, a girl, and a boy.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
He has a beauty spot on his cheek and under his lower lip.
He has done endorsement work for various brands including Force India.
Paul di Resta Facts
- He was brought up in Bathgate, West Lothian where he completed his schooling from.
- Paul started his racing career in karting in 1994 and continued to do so until 2002. He managed to win various competitions during that time including the British JICA Championship in 2001.
- At the end of 2002, he was chosen to race at the “British Formula Renault Winter Series,” where he worked for the Eurotek Motorsport team in 2003. Later in 2004, he joined Manor Motorsport.
- In 2004, his impressive performance earned him the McLaren Autosport “BRDC Young Driver of The Year Award”. Similarly, his cousin Dario also held the award in 1992.
- Until early 2020, Paul worked as a pundit for Sky Sports F1.
- His step-father Dougie McCracken passed away on May 5, 2011. He was a professional footballer who played at the position of a defender and a forward.
- His cousins Marino and George Dario are both race car drivers. Hence, he is not the first in his family to throttle the gas pedal.
- After a disappointing performance in 2013, the Force India had announced the Paul would not be continuing to race with them. Thereafter, he went on a 2-year hiatus before returning to track as a reserve driver for the “Williams Grand Prix Engineering Limited” in 2016.
- He started working for Sky Sports F1 as a broadcaster in 2016 and in 2018 also began working as a backup race analyst.
Featured Image By Stefan Brending / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0 DE