Designed by George Kashou, registered dietitian, athlete and founder of bread company Kangaroo brands, Pocket Diet consists of amazing recipes and meal plans which will bring your body in trimmed shape.
Having great success rate, the pocket diet has been able to bring several people in their desired body shapes. You can melt away minimum eight pounds of weight in six weeks while going along with the program. Though pocket diet is not meant to be followed for lifetime, but you indeed will learn healthy eating habits and will understand the value of portion control.
What is Pocket Diet?
Pocket diet is a weight loss plan which will tell you how you can lose weight by keeping eye on the portion size of foods. You will eat four or five pitta breads in a day while moving along with the program. These pitta breads are nutritionally dense and contain plenty of healthy ingredients.
Since the diet plan has given clear cut guidelines regarding the potion size of foods which has to be equal to the size of pitta pocket, dieters shall be able to eat foods as per the recommendations made in the program. Dieters are recommended to eat three to five pitta meals in a day. Frequency of meals relies heavily on the kinds of physical activities and workouts done by dieters in a day.
The pocket diet considers breakfast as the most important meal of the day. Dieters are not allowed to skip their breakfast at any cost because the plan believes that breakfast keeps you energized and full of vitality to meet all your day to day activities.
Workouts in The Pocket Diet
To attain a healthy and trim body, workouts have been considered vital by the program. If you are living a sedentary life at present and wish to lose weight, first and foremost thing you should do is make yourself physically active.
That being said, you don’t have to jump to intense and difficult workouts all of a sudden. You rather have to go slow and gradually inculcate resistance training, cardio workouts, flexibility exercises etc. in your workout regime.
Recommended Foods of The Pocket Diet
The pocket diet has advocated consumption of almost all foods which are able to fit in pitta pocket. But still lean meat and protein rich foods come in the hit list of foods recommended in the program. You shall prefer to refrain from packaged foods because there generally happens to be great difference between what they claim to contain and what they actually contain.
In addition to that, maintain fair distance from refined and processed foods, and inculcate nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits, vegetables etc. in your diet regime. All these foods being nutrient dense shall provide adequate nourishment to your body. In addition to that, sauces, condiments etc. come under the category of highly restricted foods. Reason is the high calorie content of these foods. You can swap them with light mayonnaise or mustard or sour cream.
Sample Meal Plan
The Pocket diet plan accentuates the consumption of four to five pitta meals, and three snacks in a day. Let’s have a look at one of the sample meal plans of the plan.
You can have fresh berries, scrambled egg in pitta pocket in your breakfast. Various kinds of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc. can be consumed in breakfast. They will trim down your tendency to consume more foods in other meals of the day.
You can have one fresh fruit, small bowl of cottage cheese, low fat yogurt etc. in your morning snack. As compared to high fat animal proteins such as meat, beef, pork etc., cottage cheese offers much better option to dieters.
You can have fresh fruits, spinach, chicken salad, or tuna salad in pitta pocket in your lunch. These foods being dense in several vitamins and minerals will nourish your body with vital nutrients.
You can have nuts, fresh fruits and vegetables, fat less yogurt etc. in afternoon snacks. High protein content of yogurt shall trigger muscle building process in your body.
You can have one cup of wheat pasta salad, mixed vegetables, bacon, cheese, Philly cheese steak pocket etc. in your dinner. Wheat pasta salad is rich in fiber which shall keep you full for longer and thus keep check on your appetite.
You can have frozen yogurt, nuts etc. in your evening snack.
Benefits of The Pocket Diet
The pocket diet shall provide you several benefits; let’s have a look at some of them.
- The diet program being quite liberal doesn’t restrict the consumption of varied foods.
- Portion control has been used as an effective tool by the program to lose weight.
- Balanced approach followed in the program will provide you weight loss along-with proper nourishment.
- Snacking has been great importance in the program. Three snacks in a day have been kept in the meal plan to make sure that dieters don’t remain hungry while moving along-with the program.
- In the hectic life of today where people don’t have much time to design their meal plans and cook healthy meals for them, the diet solution provides great way to dieters to uphold them healthy and in slim body shapes.
- You shall get bountiful of delicious recipes in the program. Along-with learning these recipes, you will also know what nutrients your body will get with the consumption of these meals.
Drawbacks of Pocket Diet
Pocket diet has some loopholes also; let’s find out what they are.
- Pocket diet might turn out be unsuitable to dieters who are victims of various kinds of sensitivities such as wheat or other kinds of food sensitivities.
- Dieters who are absolutely comfortable with low carb diet and are looking forwards to lose weight with low carb foods shall not look up to the program as a way to shed weight.
- Eating pitta pockets over and over again might bore people, as a result of which they might switch to their old eating habits.
- If the dieters inculcate white pitta pocket in their diet regime, they are very likely to remain devoid of fiber.