|Princess Benedikte of Denmark Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1944|
Princess Benedikte of Denmark is the 11th in the line of succession to the Danish throne is the 2nd daughter of King Frederick IX and Queen Ingrid of Denmark.
Benedikte Astrid Ingeborg Ingrid
Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark
She studied at N. Zahle’s School in Copenhagen. Later, she was sent off to study at the boarding school of Benenden School.
Princess Benedikte then completed her schooling by attending a Swiss finishing school.
She also studied at the fashion and design school of Margrethe-Skolen.
Member of the Danish Royal Family
- Father – King Frederick IX
- Mother – Queen Ingrid
- Siblings – Margrethe II (Older Sister) (Queen Of Denmark), Queen Anne-Marie of Greece (Younger Sister) (Reigning Queen From 1964-1973)
- Others – King Christian X of Denmark (Paternal Grandfather), Queen Alexandrine née Duchess Alexandrine of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (Paternal Grandmother), Crown Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden (Maternal Grandfather), Princess Margaret of Connaught (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Princess Benedikte’s name has been linked with –
- Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (1968-2017) – Princess Benedikte married Richard on February 3, 1968. The couple has 3 children – a son named Prince Gustav (b. January 12, 1969), and 2 daughters named Princess Alexandra (b. November 20, 1970), and Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (b. May 2, 1975).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Danish descent.
- Thin lips
- Thin eyebrows
- Nubian nose
Princess Benedikte of Denmark Facts
- On May 24, 1944, she was baptized at the Holmen Church.
- She was raised alongside her sisters in apartments between Frederick VIII’s Palace at Amalienborg and in Fredensborg Palace, North Zealand.
- Princess Benedikte spent her holidays in the summer at her mother and father’s residence which was located in Gråsten Palace in Southern Jutland.
- Since her children were not raised in Denmark as per the decree of the king, they are not in the line of succession. However, her children are said to be the Highnesses of Denmark as per the “Order in Council”.
- She is a part of various organizations that revolve around scout and guide foundations. Also, her passion for scouting began at an early age. She is the chairman of Pigespejdernes Fællesråd Danmark and is a patron of the De grønne pigespejdere and Det Danske Spejderkorps.
- Prince Benedikte is an honorary member of the St George’s Guilds.
- She is a benefactor of the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses and is involved with equestrian sports.
- In 2006, she ran for the presidential position of the International Equestrian Federation.
- As she is a Princess, Benedikte is entitled to the title of Her Royal Highness.
- She was born at the outset of World War II.
- The Danish resistance group Holger Danske did a 21 bomb salute a day after her birth.
Featured Image By Frankie Fouganthin / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0