|Priscilla Chan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1985|
Priscilla Chan is an American pediatrician and philanthropist. She is best known for establishing the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative with her husband, Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder and CEO of Facebook.
Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
Palo Alto, California, United States
Priscilla Chan attended Quincy High School, graduating in 2003. She then joined Harvard University in 2003 and graduated with a BA in biology in 2007.
After that, in 2008, she enrolled at the University of California, San Francisco, to study medicine, graduating in 2012. A few years later, in 2015, she completed her pediatric residency.
- Father – Dennis Chan
- Mother – Yvonne Chan
- Siblings – Elaine Chan (Younger Sister), Michelle Chan (Younger Sister)
- Others – Randi Zuckerberg (Sister-In-Law) (Businesswoman)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Priscilla Chan has dated –
- Mark Zuckerberg (2003-Present) – They got married on May 19, 2012. They have 2 daughters Maxima Chan Zuckerberg (b. December 1, 2015) and August Chan Zuckerberg (b. August 28, 2017). In September 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 3rd child together, a baby girl. In March 2023, Priscilla gave birth to their 3rd daughter named Aurelia Chan Zuckerberg.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Chinese and Vietnamese descent.
Priscilla Chan Facts
- She can speak Cantonese, English, and Spanish.
- She is the first person in her family to graduate from college.
- For a year, she taught science at Harker School.
- Before delivering their first child, Pricilla had 3 miscarriages.
- Her feminist idol and role model is Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- In 2015, she and her husband Mark Zuckerberg established the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative pledging to donate 99 percent of their Facebook shares.
- They have a Hungarian sheepdog named Beast.
- She likes board games, especially Settlers of Catan.
- In December 2021, Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla purchased 110 acres of land on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. They had also purchased some land earlier. With this purchase, their total holdings over there became nearly 1,500 acres.
- On July 1, 2022, Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg sold their San Fransisco home for $31 million which they had purchased for less than $10 million in 2012.
Featured Image by TechCrunch / Flickr / CC BY-2.0