|Radha Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Radha Yadav is an Indian professional cricketer who has represented her country in the shorter formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a frontline spin bowler. She was an integral member of the Indian squad that had reached the final of the 2020 ICC Women’s World T20, the first time that India had made the final of this competition. She was also a key member of the Indian squad that won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games. It was the first occasion where women’s cricket was included in the Commonwealth Games and just the 2nd time that cricket was included at the Commonwealth Games – a men’s tournament had previously been played at the 1998 edition held in Kuala Lumpur. In the Indian domestic circuit, Radha has played for her home city of Mumbai (2014-15) and Baroda (2015-16–Present) across all 3 formats. In franchise-based T20 leagues, she has turned out for Supernovas (2019–2020) and Velocity (2022) in the Women’s T20 Challenge; and Sydney Sixers (2021-22–Present) in the WBBL (Women’s Big Bash League).
Radha Prakash Yadav
Kandivali, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Radha had attended the Anandibai Damodar Kale Vidyalaya in Borivali West, Mumbai. In 2013, she took a transfer to Our Lady of Remedy High School in Kandivali, Mumbai. She had also studied at the Vidya Kunj School in Mumbai.
- Father – Omprakash Yadav (Vegetable Vendor)
- Siblings – Deepak Yadav (Older Brother), Rahul Yadav (Older Brother). She also has an older sister.
She has been represented by Baseline Ventures, Sports Marketing, Entertainment & Brand Licensing Company, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
21 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Sydney Sixers (WBBL), Velocity (Women’s T20 Challenge)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair light brown.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Radha Yadav Facts
- Radha was born prematurely, in the 4th month of her mother’s pregnancy.
- Her childhood was plagued by financial constraints. She used to live with her family in a house that was built under the Slum Redevelopment Area (SRA) scheme.
- She used to play cricket with boys near her house and it was there that a coach noticed her and took her under his wing. She was about 12 years old at that time.
- In October 2018, she was included in India’s squad for the 2018 ICC Women’s World T20. Having made her international debut in February 2018, this was Radha’s first selection in an Indian squad for a major multilateral tournament. She managed to make an immediate impact with her performance, finishing as the joint-leading wicket-taker for India in the tournament, with 8 dismissals in 5 matches.
- In November 2020, in the final match of the 3rd edition of the Women’s T20 Challenge, representing Supernovas against Trailblazers, she recorded sensational bowling figures of 5/16 in 4 overs. This was the first instance of a player recording a 5 wicket haul in the tournament’s history. Unfortunately, Radha’s heroics were in vain as Trailblazers won the final by 16 runs.
Featured Image by Radha Yadav / Instagram