|Josh Howard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 28, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Josh Howard is a professional basketball player known for his successful basketball career in which he has played for popular NBA teams like Dallas Mavericks, Washington Wizards, and Utah Jazz. He is the head coach of the Piedmont International University. He has a mild social media fan base with more than 10k followers on Instagram.
Joshua Jay Howard
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Josh Howard went to the Glenn High School in Kernersville. However, after his high school graduation, he couldn’t join Wake Forest University as his SAT score was way below required numbers. So, instead, he joined the Hargrave Military Academy for a year.
He then got admission at the Wake Forest University in 1999 and graduated in 2003 with a major in sociology and minor in international studies.
Former Professional Basketball Player, Basketball Coach
- Father – Kevin Robinson
- Mother – Nancy Henderson
- Siblings – Steven Howard (Brother)
- Others – Johnny Jay (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Howard (Paternal Grandmother)
Josh Howard is represented by Octagon (Sports Management Company).
Small Forward, Shooting Guard
5 – Dallas Mavericks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Washington Wizards
8 – Utah Jazz
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- His successful basketball career that lasted for more than a decade and during which, he turned out for established NBA teams such as Dallas Mavericks, Washington Wizards, and Utah Jazz.
- Being the head coach of the Piedmont International University.
First NBA Match
Josh Howard made his professional NBA debut in the 2003-04 season for Dallas Mavericks.
Josh Howard Facts
- He wasn’t a healthy baby at birth as he was born with deformed legs that were curved inwards. After taking his mother’s decision, the doctors broke leg bones and re-set the bones again so that they would grow straight.
- His father Kevin Robinson walked out on Josh’s family when he was an infant and he didn’t have any conversation with his father until he was 11 years old.
- While he was growing up, no one expected him to play basketball on higher level despite having necessary skills. He was clumsy and didn’t have control over his body.
- He was selected by his high school coach Napoleon Cloud because of his temperament, desire, and love for the game. Cloud felt that he would eventually develop his game and technical ability.
- In 2003, he was picked by the Dallas Mavericks as the final pick in the first round. It was claimed that his admission about smoking pot had led to teams shying away from him.
- While he was studying in high school, he was twice awarded the Frank Spencer Award, which is reserved for the top player in Northwest North Carolina.
- The day before he was going to sit for SAT examination, he was handcuffed outside a gas station as the undercover cops falsely assumed that Howard and his friends were selling drugs.
- In his senior year in high school, he was declared the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) player of the year.
- He holds the distinction of being the 2nd ACC player after David Thompson to have recorded 500 rebounds, 200 assists, 200 steals, 100 three-pointers, 100 blocks, and 1000 points.
- In 2010, he had to sit out of the game for 6 to 8 months after suffering an ACL tear in a match against Chicago Bulls in February. He endured another ACL tear in December 2012.
- He has established The Josh Howard Foundation with an aim to support the community through a series of active programs. The foundation also tries to help youth to become well-rounded citizens.
- In July 2016, he was appointed as the head coach of the Piedmont International University.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0