|Radhika Pandit Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1984|
Radhika Pandit is an Indian actress who has primarily worked in Kannada language films and had first made her name working in TV series such as Nandagokula and Kadambari. For her very first film Moggina Manasu (2008), she won the ‘Best Actress’ accolade at both the Karnataka State Film Awards and South Filmfare Awards. She repeated the latter feat for other films as well – Love Guru (2009) and Krishnan Love Story (2010). She has been actively involved with the Yasho Marga Foundation, a charitable organization founded by her husband Yash, that works to help farmers and laborers.
Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Radhika had graduated from the Cluny Convent High School in Bengaluru. She had then pursued a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com.) degree from the Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru.
- Father – Krishnaprasad Pandit (Stage and Film Personality)
- Mother – Mangala Pandit
- Siblings – Gourang Pandit (Younger Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Radhika has dated –
- Yash (2007-Present) – Radhika had first met fellow actor Naveen Kumar (aka Yash) in 2007 at the sets of the teleserial Nandagokula. They began dating after having worked in a few films together but kept their relationship under wraps for quite some time. They eventually got engaged on August 12, 2016, in Goa and got married on December 9, 2016, in a ceremony held in Bengaluru. The couple has a daughter named Ayra (b. December 2, 2018) and a son named Ayush (b. October 30, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Radhika has endorsed brands such as –
- KLF Nirmal coconut oil
- Orra jewelry
She has been a part of Gillette‘s ‘Shave India Movement’.
Radhika Pandit Facts
- She had grown up in her paternal grandfather’s home in Malleshwaram, Bengaluru and in an interview, she stated that she continued to live there for many years despite achieving fame and fortune because she was emotionally attached to the residence that her grandfather had bought using all of his earnings and savings.
- In 2007, during the final year of her B. Com. course, a friend of hers instead that she should audition for a part in the Kannada language TV series Nandagokula. As luck would have it, the showrunners offered her a role without an audition.
- Although primarily known for her acting chops, she has tried her hand at playback singing as well; contributing vocals to the song Drama Hitavachana in the 2012 film Drama and Hey Diwana in the 2016 film Zoom.
- For her portrayal of Divya in the 2014 film Mr. and Mrs. Ramachari, she won the ‘Best Actress (Kannada)’ award at both the 2015 South Indian International Movie Awards (SIIMA) and the 2016 IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) Utsavam event.
Featured Image by Radhika Pandit / Instagram