|Rahaf Mohammed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rahaf Mohammed is a Saudi refugee, author, and social media personality who was detained by Thai authorities on January 5, 2019, as she was transiting through Bangkok airport, en route from Kuwait to Australia. She then rose to acclaim on social media after asking for help when her attempt at seeking asylum in Australia failed. Rahaf Mohammed was finally granted refugee status after being taken under the protection of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. She was then granted asylum in Canada on January 11, 2019, and arrived in Toronto the following day. Her book titled Rebel: My Escape From Saudi Arabia to Freedom was released in 2022.
Rahaf Mohammed Mutlaq al-Qunun Al-Shammari
Ḥa’il Province, Saudi Arabia
Author, Social Media Personality
- Father – He has served as the town governor of al-Sulaimi in the Ha’il Region.
- Siblings – She has 9 siblings
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Pouty lips
- Curvy physique
She was raised in a Muslim household but later left Islam.
Rahaf Mohammed Facts
- She escaped her family in Saudi Arabia and has claimed that they had locked her up for months, subjecting her to physical and psychological abuse. One of her cousins also threatened to kill her because she no longer follows Islam. According to the Sharia law of Saudi Arabia, public apostasy in Islam is a crime punishable by death.
- When Rahaf Mohammed arrived in Canada in January 2019, she was greeted at Toronto Pearson International Airport by Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland.
- Following her receiving asylum in Canada, the Canadian government was accused by Saudi media of “an attempt at stirring up civil strife by inciting the Kingdom’s teenage girls to abandon social mores” in Okaz.
- In the aftermath of her fleeing Saudi Arabia, Rahaf Mohammed’s family released a statement disowning her: “We are the family of [Rahaf] Mohammed al-Qunun in Saudi Arabia. We disavow the so-called ‘Rahaf al-Qunun’ the mentally unstable daughter who has displayed insulting and disgraceful behavior.” Following this, she decided to drop “al-Qunun” from her name and to be known as “Rahaf Mohammed”.
- In a meeting with the Thai immigration office, Abdul-Ilah al-Shuaibi (Saudi Arabia’s chargé d’affaires in Bangkok) was quoted as saying: “When [Rahaf] first arrived in Thailand, she opened a new [Twitter account] and the followers reached about 45,000 within one day… I wish you had taken her phone, it would have been better than [taking] her passport.”
Featured Image by Rahaf Mohammed / Instagram