|Ramiele Malubay Quick Info|
|Height||4 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1987|
Ramiele Malubay is an American singer, registered nurse, and entrepreneur who had come into the spotlight in 2008 when she had stood 9th overall in the 7th season of the competitive singing-based reality TV show American Idol. Later that year, she had released 4 singles titled We Are One (This Christmas), Kaya, More to Me, and Here I Am. She had later become a registered nurse, specializing in strokes and neurology. She also runs an online store that sells headbands and facial masks.
Ramiele Macrohon Malubay
Dammam, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Miramar, Broward County, Florida, United States
Ramiele had attended the Charles W. Flanagan High School, a public school in Pembroke Pines, Florida. After her high school graduation, she had studied nursing at Broward College, a public college in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Singer, Registered Nurse, Entrepreneur
- Father – Roger Malubay
- Mother – Alicia Macrohon
- Siblings – Eram May Malubay (Sister)
4 ft 11 in or 150 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ramiele has dated –
- Jason Castro
- Roke Almeida (2017-Present) – Ramiele had started dating an entrepreneur named Roke Almeida in late 2017. The couple got married on August 17, 2019, at the Manila Hotel in Manila, Philippines.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Filipino descent.
- Diminutive frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Radiant face
Ramiele Malubay Facts
- Born in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, to Filipino immigrants, Ramiele had been sent back to live with relatives in the Philippines after the Gulf War had broken out in early 1991. Her parents had moved to the United States in search of better employment opportunities. Ramiele had joined them in the United States a couple of years later once they had found stable jobs.
- She had started getting trained in Polynesian dancing when she was in the first grade and had started singing by the time she had turned 12 years old. Soon after, she began singing for Filipino-American functions and events in the state of Florida, even opening concerts for Filipino artists and bands.
- During her American Idol appearance in 2008, she was considered one of the strongest contenders for the title after her performances in the audition, voting, and Hollywood rounds. She eventually finished in 9th place overall and it had come as a surprise to many fans of the show because she had never been in the ‘Bottom 3’ before her elimination. At 4 feet and 11 inches, she is also one of the shortest singers in the history of American Idol.
- Later that year, she was nominated in the category of ‘Favorite TV Personality’ at the JC Penney Asian Excellence Awards.
- In November 2009, she had performed the American national anthem before the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Ángel Cotto at the MGM Grand Las Vegas.
- A few months after this, she had stated in an interview that she would pursue a career in acting if she could not become a successful professional singer. It did not turn out that way as she studied a course in nursing and later became a registered nurse.
Featured Image by Ramiele Malubay / Instagram