|Ravish Kumar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ravish Kumar is an Indian journalist, TV anchor, author, and media personality who served as the Senior Executive Editor of NDTV India. He worked with NDTV India from 1994 to 2022 and hosted many of the channel’s flagship shows such as Prime Time, Hum Log, Ravish Ki Report, and Des Ki Baat. Ravish Kumar has been a recipient of a number of awards and honors such as the Ramon Magsaysay Award, the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award, the Gauri Lankesh Award for Journalism, the Kuldip Nayar Journalism Award, and Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award for Hindi Journalism and Creative Literature.
Ravish Kumar Pandey
Jitwarpur, East Champaran, Bihar, India
Ravish Kumar studied at Loyola High School, Patna, a private, Roman Catholic, co-educational high school located in Kurji, Patna. After that, he shifted to Delhi and attended Deshbandhu College (a college affiliated with the University of Delhi).
After graduating from Deshbandhu College, he enrolled in a post-graduate diploma course in Hindi Journalism from the Indian Institute of Mass Communication.
Journalist, TV Anchor, Author, Media Personality
- Father – Baliram Pandey
- Siblings – Brajesh Kumar Pandey (Brother) (Politician)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravish Kumar has dated –
- Nayana Dasgupta – He is married to Nayana Dasgupta (professor of History at the Lady Shri Ram College, University of Delhi) and they parent 2 daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Ravish Kumar Facts
- In 2016, The Indian Express included him in its list of 100 most influential Indians.
- Ravish Kumar has also been named “Journalist of the Year” by Mumbai Press Club.
- He resigned from NDTV on November 30, 2022, a day after the channel’s founders and promoters Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy resigned as directors on the board of RRPR Holding Private Limited (RRPRH). This move came after the acquisition of NDTV by the Adani group led by billionaire industrialist Gautam Adani.
- As of January 2023, Ravish Kumar is a 2-time recipient of the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award (having won the award in 2013 and 2017).
- He has received death threats for his journalism.
- Ravish Kumar has authored many books which include The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture and the Nation, Ishq Mein Shahar Hona, Bolna Hi Hai : Loktantra, Sanskriti Aur Rashtra Ke Bare Mein, Dekhate Rahiye, and Ravishpanti.
Featured Image by Ravish Kumar / Instagram