|Reba McEntire Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1955|
Reba McEntire is a multiple Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter. As the “The Queen of Country”, she has sold over 95 million records worldwide and has had many number one hit country singles. She is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame. Reba is also considered as the second best country selling artist of all times. She has a huge fan following of over 6.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 2.5 million followers on Twitter, over 1.8 million followers on Instagram, and over 500k subscribers on her YouTube channel.
Reba Nell McEntire
The Queen of Country Music, Big Red, Country Music’s Queen
McAlester, Oklahoma, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reba McEntire attended the Kiowa High School in Colorado. Later, she graduated from Southeastern Oklahoma State University with a major in Elementary Education and a minor in Music on December 16, 1976.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Voice Actress, Record Producer
- Father – Clark Vincent McEntire (November 30, 1927–October 23, 2014) (He was a 3-time (1957, 1958, and 1961)World Champion Steer Roper.)
- Mother – Jacqueline McEntire (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Alice McEntire (Older Sister), Pake McEntire (Older Brother), Susie McEntire (Younger Sister) (Christian Music Star)
- Others – John Wesley McEntire (Paternal Grandfather) (Champion Steer Roper), Alice Kate Hayhurst (Paternal Grandmother), Clark Stephen McEntire (Paternal Great Grandfather), Helen Florida McEntire (Paternal Great Grandmother), George Elvin Smith (Maternal Grandfather), Reba Estelle Brassfield (Maternal Grandmother), Chassidy Blackstock (Step-Daughter), Shawna (Step-Daughter), Brandon Blackstock (Step-Son), Kelly Clarkson (Step Daughter-In-Law) (Singer, Songwriter), River (Step Grand-Daughter)
Reba McEntire self-manages her own music career through Reba’s Business Incorporated (RBI) based in Nashville, Tennessee. She is assisted by Associate Manager /Tour Manager Carolyn Snell, Brand Manager Leslie Matthews, and Controller Theresa Connelly.
Mercury, MCA Nashville, Starstruck, Valory, Nash Icon
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reba McEntire has dated –
- Charlie Battles (1976-1987) – In 1976, Reba tied the knot to steer wrestling champion and rancher, Charlie Battles, who already had 2 sons from his previous marriage. Charles was 10 years older to her and they lived in a ranch in Oklahoma. However, the couple divorced in 1987 and Reba moved to Nashville, Tennessee to work on her music career.
- Narvel Blackstock (1989-2015) – In 1989, Reba got married a 2nd time to her manager and former steel guitar player, Narvel Blackstock. The marriage was held in a private ceremony on a boat at Lake Tahoe. Together, they formed Starstruck Entertainment with the aim to manage her career. They have a son named Shelby Steven McEntire Blackstock (born February 1990). Reba is also a stepmother to Narvel’s 3 children from a previous marriage. However, the couple separated on August 3, 2015.
- Anthony Lasuzzo – Reba is in relation with businessman and photographer, Anthony Lasuzzo (aka Skeeter). The couple was seen together at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. Before that, Reba had shared their holiday pictures taken in Mexico on her Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Scots-Irish /Northern Irish, and German ancestry.
- Front hair bangs
- Large bright eyes
Reba McEntire has done commercials for brands like –
- KFC Smoky Mountain BBQ Chicken
- Frito Lays
- Red Convertible to Vegas
- Pepper soda
- Dannon’s Activia Probiotic Yogurts
She has said that her faith in God is the most important thing in her life.
Best Known For
- Being one of the best-selling artists of all time. She is recognized as the “The Queen of Country” and has sold more than 95 million records worldwide. She has won numerous Grammy, Academy of Country Music, and Country Music Association awards.
- Her popular numbers including “Can’t Even Get the Blues”, “You’re the First Time I’ve Thought About Leaving”, “Little Rock”, “What Am I Gonna Do About You”, “One Promise Too Late”, “The Last One to Know”, “Love Will Find Its Way to You”, “I Know How He Feels”, “New Fool at an Old Game”, “Cathy’s Clown”, “Walk On”, “You Lie”, “Rumor Has It”, “Fallin’ Out of Love”, “For My Broken Heart”, “Is There Life Out There”, “Till You Love Me”, “The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter”, “The Fear of Being Alone”, “How Was I to Know”, “I’d Rather Ride Around with You”, “If You See Him /If You See Her”, “Somebody”, “Consider Me Gone”, and “Turn On the Radio”
On August 29, 1977, she released her first self-titled studio album, Reba McEntire, through Mercury Records.
In 1990, she made her theatrical film debut as Heather Gummer in the comedy horror film, Tremors.
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress in the comedy family fantasy film, Charlotte’s Web, as Betsy the cow.
First TV Show
In 1970, she made her first TV show appearance as a guest in the musical series, That Good Ole Nashville Music.
In 1994, she lent her voice to the character of Rachel in the comedy series, Frasier.
Reba McEntire exercises regularly. She has a gym with free weights and a treadmill at home where she works out daily. She also swims and plays tennis a lot. Besides that, she loves to go for walks and horseback riding. When she is on a tour, she stays in hotels that have gym and spa facilities. She prefers a cardio workout like Pilates to keep up her fitness level.
As for her diet, she avoids red meat and fatty food and indulges more in chicken, fish, and salads. She has also incorporated more calcium-rich food like broccoli to her diet. Reba has admitted that she needs 8 hours of sleep daily. Her regimented program for losing weight quickly includes taking protein-rich food and avoiding carbs. She also drinks 10 glasses of water daily.
Reba McEntire Favorite Things
- Color – Jewel tones
- Drink – Iced Tea with Stevia
- Juice – Carrot and cucumber juice
- Easy And Healthy Meal – Skinless chicken, Potatoes, Salad
Source – US Weekly, Everyday Health
Reba McEntire Facts
- Her singing career started gradually by performing in her Kiowa High School band, local radio shows with her siblings, and at rodeos.
- Country artist Red Steagall gave Reba her first break after hearing her perform the National Anthem at the National Rodeo in Oklahoma City.
- She does not like going around barefoot.
- She loves whiskey and 7Up.
- Though she fights the effects of aging every day, she has admitted that she is not ashamed of the process.
- She believes in angels.
- Growing up in Oklahoma, she used to walk on the railroad tracks near her house.
- She dislikes it when people are busy with their cell phones during mealtime.
- She has bouts of amnesia.
- Reba did her first rodeo show at 11.
- She hates high heels.
- She does not like being interrupted when she’s having a creative moment.
- In winter, she sleeps with an electric blanket.
- She loves living by the water but does not like getting wet.
- Growing up, she had wanted to be a world champion barrel racer.
- At 11, she learned to drive a stick shift.
- She prefers wearing jeans than a dress anytime.
- She considers herself to be a very blunt person who always tells the truth.
- Rude people annoy her.
- She was James Cameron‘s first choice to play Molly Brown in Titanic (1997).
- In 1991, she sadly lost many of her band members in a plane crash.
- In 1993, she got a patch of skin cancer removed from her forehead.
- She was named the #2 Best-selling Female Artists (of all genres) of All Time in 2000.
- In 2000, she was named the #1 Best-selling Female Country Singer of All Time.
- The song, Away In a Manger, was her first public performance at a first-grade Christmas production.
- In 1995, she was inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers of the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
- She was once a classmate of singer Garth Brooks in Oklahoma.
- On September 18, 1998, she was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- As a young girl, she was a serious basketball player.
- In March 2011, she was included in the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- She has been a conservative Republican.
- In November 2006, she was awarded a star on the Music City Walk of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Reba supports the St. Jude Christian Research Hospital, among the other charity organizations.
- Visit her official website @ reba.com.
- Follow Reba McEntire on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by BrittReneePhotography / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0