|Reece Topley Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1994|
Reece Topley is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country primarily in the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is). Although he had made his debut in both those formats in late 2015, a career riddled with crippling injuries has meant that he had played only 12 ODIs and 6 T20Is by the end of March 2021. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Essex County Cricket Club (2011–2015), Hampshire County Cricket Club (2016–2018), Sussex County Cricket Club (2019), and Surrey County Cricket Club (2020–Present) across all 3 formats.
Reece James William Topley
Ipswich, Suffolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Reece had attended the Royal Hospital School, an independent school with naval traditions, located in the village of Holbrook, near his hometown of Ipswich. His father was one of his teachers there.
- Father – Thomas Donald ‘Don’ Topley (Cricket Commentator, Former Cricketer)
- Mother – Julia Topley
- Others – Peter Aland Topley (Paternal Uncle) (Former Cricketer)
- 23 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Sussex County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
- 6 – Essex County Cricket Club, Hampshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
- 24 – Surrey County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Reece has dated –
- Elina Svitolina (2016-2018) – Reece had first met Ukrainian professional tennis player Elina Svitolina at the Chiswick Riverside gym in London in 2016 where she was preparing for an upcoming tournament. Elina instantly fell for him and they began dating soon after. The couple had eventually parted ways in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has his entire left hand and upper right arm covered in tattoos
Reece Topley Facts
- He had first come into the spotlight in June 2009 when he had suffered a severe injury while bowling in the nets to English international batsman Kevin Pietersen at the Loughborough MCC University, a cricket coaching center in Leicestershire. He was just 15 years old at that time. Kevin, Reece’s favorite cricketer, had driven one of his practice deliveries straight down the pitch and the ball had struck him on the side of his head, knocking him to the ground.
- He was a member of the English squad that had reached the final of the 2016 ICC World T20 although he had played just 2 matches in that tournament. The 2nd of those matches turned to be his last for quite a while in English colors as he had not played another international match in that format by March 2021.
- Before stepping up to the international stage, he had participated in the 2012 ICC Under-19 World Cup where he was one of the stars of the tournament as the highest wicket-taker overall (19 wickets in 6 matches). He had picked those scalps at a stupendous average of around 9 runs per wicket. He was England’s best bowler (in terms of bowling figures) in 5 of the team’s 6 matches and was adjudged the ‘Player of the Match’ twice.
Featured Image by Reece Topley / Instagram