|Reiko Aylesworth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1972|
Reiko Aylesworth is an American film, show, and stage actress, who came to prominence with her role as Michelle Dessler in 24. Besides that, she has also appeared on many other well-known films and shows including The West Wing, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Ed, All Souls, AVPR: Aliens vs Predator – Requiem, and Bad Parents.
Reiko M. Aylesworth
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Reiko studied neuroscience at the University of Washington. Also, she studied acting at the Michael Howard Studios in New York City.
- Others – She has a younger half-brother on her mother’s side and many half-brothers and half-sisters on her father’s side.
Reiko is represented by MJ Management, Innovative Artists Agency, and Steve Warren (Attorney).
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Reiko has dated –
- Kiefer Sutherland (2003-2005)
- Rob Clare
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Asian)
She is of Japanese, Welsh, and Dutch descent.
She has appeared in various commercials for brands such as –
- Bank of America
Reiko Aylesworth Favorite Things
- Character She Played Until April 2020 – Michelle Dessler on 24
Reiko Aylesworth Facts
- Her first name Reiko (礼子) is of Japanese origin. Whereas her last name Aylesworth is an Anglo-Saxon surname. Also, “Reiko” is pronounced as “Ray-co” and in Japanese, it means “child of thankfulness”.
- From 1987 to 1988, Reiko resided in Springfield, Illinois and that is where she got into her newfound love of acting. During that time, she also got cast in the play West Side Story as Consuelo.
- She briefly lived with family friends for a while between 1987 and 1988, whilst her parents moved to Seattle, Washington, and later, at the age of 15, she moved there to live with her parents.
- While studying at the University of Washington, Reiko honed in on her acting skills and appeared in numerous stage production that included Invisible Friends and Peter Pan. Indeed, it was her role as the character of Wendy in Peter Pan that caught the attention of a few talent scouts of ABC, which led to her being cast in her debut TV show titled One Life to Live in 1993.
- In 1993, she shifted to New York City, where she was reportedly continued to reside in the year 2007. However, she later relocated to Los Angeles.
- She made her first feature film appearance as Laurie Cannon in Childhood’s End in 1996.
- Reiko is very good at playing pool and has been playing it since her high school year.
- In the past, she was one of 3 actresses chosen for the role of Olivia Benson on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999). However, the role was won by actress Mariska Hargitay.
- Her father worked as a psychologist in the past, whereas, her mother was the head administrator of jail for 10 years.
- She is close to her paternal side of half-siblings.
- Reiko is a neuroscientist by profession.
- She is a huge fan of the sport of rodeo.
Featured Image By Reiko Aylesworth / Instagram