|Rick Riordan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1964|
Rick Riordan is an American author who is better known as the author of the hit fantasy-adventure novel series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians. More than 69 million copies of the Percy Jackson series were sold in more than 35 countries from which 30 million of the total number were sold in the US. With its enormous success globally, it was included on The New York Times “Best Seller” list for children’s book series for 245 weeks and the first 2 books were adapted into a film titled Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief which was released in 2010 and the Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters which was released in 2013.
Richard Russell Riordan Jr.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
He attended Alamo Heights High School. Riordan attended the music program at North Texas State and later transferred to the University of Texas situated in Austin to study English and History.
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rick Riordan has dated –
- Becky Riordan (1985-Present) – Rick Riordan married his wife Becky in 1985 on their shared birthday celebration. They have 2 sons together named Haley and Patrick. In June 2013, the family moved from San Antonio to Boston in preparation for Haley’s college education.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
Salt and Pepper
Rick Riordan Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs, Cats
Rick Riordan Facts
- For 8 years, Riordan taught English and Social Studies at Presidio Hill School.
- Besides turning his “Percy Jackson” series into a masterpiece creation, he has also done more book series that also gained massive success. One of the book series that also dominantly made rounds globally was the Tres Navarre, an adult mystery series that follows a story about a Texan private eye. This book won several awards including the Shamus, Anthony, and Edgar Awards.
- He created the Percy Jackson series for his son Haley who had been diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia.
- In 2005, he published the first novel The Lightning Thief, which was then followed by 4 sequels with the last book, The Last Olympian, being released in 2009.
- More of his fan-favorite creations included The Kane Chronicles which showcases a modern Egyptian pantheon and a sequel to Percy Jackson titled The Heroes of Olympus.
- He was a contributor to the children’s book series The 39 Clues, in which, he authored several of its chart-topping books including The Maze of Bones, which peaked at the top of The New York Times “Best Seller” list on September 28, 2008.
- Riordan has acknowledged Roger Lancelyn Green’s Tales of the Greek Heroes as the biggest influence on his Greek mythology series.
- A new Rick Riordan imprint was launched in March 2018. Prior to its launch, Disney-Hyperion made the announcement in September 2016. The project is headed by Riordan’s editor, Stephanie Owens Lurie.
- He has also published Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series which is based on Norse mythology, the first book of his The Trials of Apollo series which is based on Greek mythology, and The Hidden Oracle which was released in May 2016.
Featured Image by Rhododendrites / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-4.0