|Rico Blanco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1973|
Rico Blanco is a Filipino singer, songwriter, and actor known for being one of the founding members of the band Rivermaya (now defunct). He has produced many hit songs like Yugto, Your Universe, and Ayuz. Rico is quite active on social media with a strong fanbase of more than 1 million followers on Facebook and more than 2 million followers on Twitter.
Rico Rene Granados Blanco
Ermita, Manila, Philippines
Rico Blanco studied at grade school at O. B. Montessori Center, high school at the Benedictine Abbey (San Beda College Alabang). He graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University in Management Economics.
Singer-songwriter, Musician, Actor, Entrepreneur, Record Producer, Endorser
- Father – Rene Aldeguer Blanco
- Mother – Purita Crisostomo Granados
- Siblings – Heart Blanco-Elizon (Sister), Patrice Blanco (Sister), Rey Blanco (Brother)
- Others – Eduardo J. Gonzaga Blanco (Paternal Grandfather), Maria Alicia Martinez Aldeguer (Paternal Grandmother), Estanislao Legazpi Granados (Maternal Grandfather), Purificacion Medina Crisostomo (Maternal Grandmother)
Rico Blanco is managed by Balcony Entertainment.
Alternative Rock, Pop Rock, Post-Punk, Hard Rock, Folk Rock, Folktronica, Symphonic Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Bass Guitar, Drums, Synthesizers, Percussions
- Balcony Entertainment
- Independent Record Label
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rico Blanco has dated –
- KC Concepcion (2003-2005) – Rico started dating Filipino actress KC Concepcion in 2003. The couple parted ways 2 years later in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
Rico Blanco has Filipino ancestry.
- Often has a mustache
- Bushy eyebrows
Rico has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Human clothing brand
- Giordano Philippines
He was also a partner in Capone’s in Makati, Alphonse Bistro/Vault in Pasig, Time in Manila in Makati, and The Brewery At The Palace in Taguig.
Rico Blanco’s religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
Being the ex-band member of Rivermaya
His first album titled Your Universe was launched on August 8, 2008.
Rico made his theatrical film debut in Pare Ko: The Movie in 1994.
First TV Show
Rico made his first TV show appearance on Myx Live in 2004 as a host.
Rico Blanco’s workout routine and diet plan are unknown.
Rico Blanco Favorite Things
- Hobby – Painting, Photography
Source – Wikipedia
Rico Blanco Facts
- He was one of the founding members of Filipino rock band Rivermaya, and their first performance was in 1994 with Rico as a keyboardist.
- Apart from singing and acting, Rico also enjoys painting and photography.
- He last performed with Rivermaya on May 4, 2007, thereafter departing from the band.
- After the release of his first single and first album, Rico won many awards including “Vocalist of the Year” award at the NU Rock Awards (2008), “OPM Solo Artist of the Year” (2008), and “Best New Artist” at the MYX Music Awards (2009).
- One of the tracks from his first album, Your Universe called Neon Lights was number one in Hong Kong charts beating popular artists like Justin Bieber and Avril Lavigne in 2010.
- Rico Blanco’s first single Yugto came out on June 12, 2008, under Warner Music Philippines label. The song was an immediate hit and got positive responses from both music fans and the critics calling it “neo-epic”.
- He reunited with Rivermaya band members on January 9, 2016, for a secret mini semi-reunion.
- He started an audio production/post studio in 2010 known as Loudbox mainly for the advertising industry.
- In 2010, he launched his clothing line known as Koboi in San Juan City, Metro Manila.
- Rico also does a lot of charity. He was the founding chairman of Sangguniang Kabataan in his hometown of San Pedro. He is also the president of the Filipino Society of Composers Authors and Publishers (FILSCAP) which is a non-profit, non-government, collective management organization that saves intellectual property rights.
- Rico is also a dog lover.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Rico Blanco / Facebook