|Riya Shukla Quick Info
|Date of Birth
|January 1, 1998
Riya Shukla is an Indian actress who rose to fame after appearing in the Hindi comedy-drama film Nil Battey Sannata (2015). She gained further popularity by starring in the TV show Naati Pinky Ki Lambi Love Story where she began playing the role of Pinky in 2020.
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
Aliganj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
She attended M K S D Inter College in Nishatganj in Lucknow, graduating in 2016 and after that, she began to take training in Kathak Dance as well as Classical Singing from Prayag Sangeet Samiti in Allahabad.
- Father – Sushil Kumar Shukla (Supervisor in PWD)
- Mother – Madhuri Shukla (Homemaker)
- Siblings – She has 2 siblings.
5 ft or 152.5 cm
42 kg or 92.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has stated that her ideal man would be an army man, preferably a Commando, who is loving and caring.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
Riya Shukla Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Dancing
- Hangout Place – 1090 Crossing having loved it because of it being filled with youngsters and the food being delicious
- Food – Maggi noodles with Tandoori chai
Riya Shukla Facts
- She hails from Lucknow.
- She began learning dance from the age of 3.
- Riya has pointed out that she belongs to a Brahmin family with her ancestors hailing from Ayodhya and that they did not consider working in the TV industry in a positive light, that had led to her facing issues when she had first embarked on her journey. However, she was able to overcome the obstacles with the strong backing of her father and she has affirmed him to have been the biggest support in her career.
- Riya has disclosed that when she had been offered the role of Pinky, the first thought that had crossed her mind was that the word “naati”, meaning dwarf, would get associated with her. She has further pointed out that she is short but not a dwarf in real life and also she had found out that the story of the show was not of a dwarf but of a girl of average height. She affirmed that the program dealt with the story of the tallest man in a family getting married to a short girl and it was depicting how it is the basic mentality of people to judge the traits and weaknesses of a woman and so it had portrayed how the family, not being able to find other drawbacks in Pinky, had picked her short stature as the topic to poke fun at her and bring her down.
- Shukla has revealed that she has never considered herself short and has never wanted to wear high heels. She has been an out and out tomboy and has appreciated the height that God has gifted her with, and has believed that eventually what matters is having a good heart and being confident and happy with whatever one has.
Featured Image by Riya Shukla / Instagram