|Robert Isom Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
Robert Isom is an American business executive who is best known as the CEO and chief recruitment officer of American Airlines (the largest airline in the world when measured by the number of passengers carried, fleet size, and scheduled passenger kilometers flown). He has also served as the CEO of American Airlines Group Inc. (a publicly traded holding company that serves as the parent organization of American Airlines).
Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas, United States
Robert, after his high school graduation, joined the University of Notre Dame, a private Catholic research university in Notre Dame, a census-designated place and unincorporated community in St. Joseph County, Indiana, United States. There, he attained a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering and a Bachelor of Arts degree in English.
After that, he briefly worked at The Procter & Gamble Company (an American multinational consumer goods corporation) before joining the University of Michigan, a public research university in Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States. There, he earned an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Robert has dated –
- Amy Isom – Through his long-term marriage to a woman named Amy, Robert has 3 children – 2 sons and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Cheerful smile
Robert Isom Facts
- Robert, after attaining his MBA degree from the University of Michigan, started working for Northwest Airlines Corp. (a major airline in the United States that operated from 1926 until 2010).
- He then briefly worked at America West Airlines (an airline that operated in the United States from 1981 until 2007). He later joined a company called GMAC, LLC where he rose to the position of chief restructuring officer.
- Robert eventually returned to America West Airlines which, by then, had merged with (and was known as) US Airways (a major airline in the United States that operated from 1937 until 2015). There, he rose to the positions of executive vice president and chief operating officer.
- US Airways then merged with American Airlines (the largest airline in the world) and Robert retained his positions of executive vice president and chief operating officer in the newly combined organization.
- In 2016, he was appointed the president of American Airlines. On March 31, 2022, he became the CEO of American Airlines and joined the organization’s board of directors.
- About 2 weeks before he was appointed the CEO of American Airlines, it was announced that Robert had been named to the Homeland Security Advisory Council, a committee that reports regularly to the United States Homeland Security Council. This entity, a part of the Executive Office of the President of the United States, is tasked with advising the president on matters relevant to national security, particularly the protection of the country from terrorist attacks.
- At American Airlines, quite a few employees are known to refer to him as ‘Captain D0’ as an acknowledgment of his obsession with on-time departures.
Featured Image by Robert Isom / Instagram