|Romy Schneider Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1938|
|Date Of Death||May 29, 1982|
Romy Schneider was an Austrian actress and voice actress who was known for her character of Empress Elisabeth of Austria in the Austrian Sissi trilogy.
Rosemarie Magdalena Albach
Romy was born on September 23, 1938.
She died on 29 May 1982, at the age of 43 in Paris, France, due to cardiac arrest.
In September 1944, Romy was enrolled in Schönau’s elementary school.
Later, she went on to study at Castle Goldenstein in Elsbethen in July 1949. Later, on July 12, 1953, she left the school with her Mittlere Reife.
Romy was to join Kölner Werkschulen in Cologne. However, decided not to as she had gotten a role in a film at that time.
Actress, Voice Actress, Singer
- Father – Wolf Albach-Retty (Actor)
- Mother – Magda Schneider (Actress, Singer)
- Siblings – Wolf-Dieter (Younger Brother)
- Others – Rosa Albach-Retty (Paternal Grandmother) (Actress)
She released her music with Monopol Verlag GmbH.
5 ft 3¾ in 162 cm
47 kg or 104 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Romy’s name has been linked with –
- Robert Evans
- Jorge Guinle
- Claude Terrail
- Sammy Davis Jr.
- Curd Jürgens (1957-1958)
- Lilli Palmer (1958) – Rumor
- Alain Delon (1958-1963)
- Harry Meyen (1966-1975) – She married Harry Meyen in July 1966. The same year, their son David Christopher was born in 1966. However, the couple parted ways in 1975.
- Daniel Biasini (1973-1981) – The coupled a daughter named Sarah Magdalena Biasini who as of 2020, was a well-known actress.
- Laurent Pétin (1981-1982)
Race / Ethnicity
She had Austrian ancestry on her father’s side and German ancestry on her mother’s side.
She appeared a print ad for Lux soap.
Romy Schneider Favorite Things
- Perfume – L’Heure Bleue by Guerlain
- Actor – Michel Piccoli
Romy Schneider Facts
- She inherited her passion for acting from her father, mother, and paternal grandmother who were all well-known actors at the time of her birth.
- Romy was just 4 weeks old when her parents brought her to live with her grandparents in Schönau am Königssee, where she spent the rest of her childhood with her brother.
- For the first year of her life, she was raised by a governess as both of her parents could not find the time to take care of her.
- In the year 1945, Romy’s parents legally parted ways from one another. She was about 6 or 7 years old at the time.
- During her teenage years, Romy’s mother dated restauranteur Hans Herbert Blatzheim. Romy once stated that Blatzheim had harmful feelings for her.
- At the age of 15, she appeared in her first film titled When the White Lilacs Bloom Again (1953).
- In 1954, she portrayed the character of Queen Victoria in the film Mädchenjahre einer Königin (In English The Story of Vickie)
- She got her big break with the role of Empress Elisabeth of Austria in the biography Sissi (1955). Romy and fellow actor Karlheinz Böhm who acted together in the biopic film sequences were close friends.
- Her son David died in July 1981 after getting impaled by a spike and puncturing his femoral artery. The incident took a major toll on Romy’s life and she resorted to the abuse of alcohol.
- She was buried at the Boissy-sans-Avoir, Yvelines, France.
Featured Image By Rino Petrosino / Gettyimages / Public Domain