|Rory Kinnear Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1978|
Rory Kinnear is an English actor who rose to fame by his role as Iago in the National Theatre production of Othello and Laertes in the 2004 Old Vic rendition of Hamlet. He is known to play Bill Tanner in the James Bond films series, Quantum of Solace (2008), Skyfall (2012), and Spectre (2015). Rory has appeared as Dr. Victor Frankenstein’s monster in the horror-drama series Penny Dreadful (2014-2016) and Lord Lucan in the crime-drama mini-series, Lucan (2013).
Rory Michael Kinnear
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Kinnear went to Tower House School and St Paul’s School, London. Later, he completed his training in English from Balliol College, Oxford before attending London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art to study acting.
- Father – Roy Kinnear (Actor)
- Mother – Carmel Cryan (Actress)
- Siblings – Kirsty Kinnear (Sister), Karina Kinnear (Older Sister)
- Others – Roy Muir Kinnear (Paternal Grandfather), Annie Smith Durie (Paternal Grandmother)
Kinnear is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin.
6 ft or 183 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rory has dated –
- Pandora Colin (2002-Present) – Rory Kinnear and actress Pandora Colin started dating in 2002. The couple got engaged and are parenting a son named Riley (b. 2010) and a daughter named Hope (b. 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scottish ancestry.
Rory Kinnear has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the villain named Iago in the National Theatre production of Othello
- Enacting Bill Tanner in the James Bond films Quantum of Solace, Skyfall, and Spectre
Rory Kinnear made his theatrical film debut in 2008 in the action-adventure film Quantum of Solace as Bill Tanner.
First TV Show
Kinnear made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Judge John Deed in 2001 as Tony Cootes.
Rory Kinnear Facts
- He was raised in Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom.
- His father died when he was just 12 years old.
- As a child, Rory wanted to be a butcher when he grew up.
- He underwent piano training sessions at the age of 15 and took part in his first theatrical performance through school, Cyrano de Bergerac.
- In 2008, Kinnear earned a Laurence Olivier Award and an Ian Charleson Award for his performance in the Restoration comedy The Man of Mode.
- Rory used to work as a playwright for the Royal Shakespeare Company and the Royal National Theatre in the past.
- He worked alongside Daniel Craig in the James Bond film series.
- In 2017, Kinnear played Chief Inspector in the Special Branches in the British mini-series Guerrilla.
- He provided his voice to the character of Bill Tanner in the video games like James Bond 007: Blood Stone (2010), GoldenEye 007 (2010), and 007 Legends (2012).
- Kinnear enacted the role of Angelo in the Measure for Measure at the Almeida Theatre in 2010.
- Rory Kinnear doesn’t have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Sonnenuntergang / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0