|Russell Tovey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1981|
Russell Tovey is an English actor who is best known for portraying characters such as Bill Bailey in the drama TV series Mud (1994), George Sands in the supernatural comedy-drama TV series Being Human (2008–2012), Steve Marshall in the sitcom Him & Her (2010–2013), Karl Lyndhurst in the sitcom The Job Lot (2013–2015), Kevin Matheson in the comedy-drama TV series Looking (2014–2015), and Harry Doyle in the thriller drama TV series Quantico (2016–2018). He is also well recognized for his work in films such as The History Boys (2006), Grabbers (2012), Blackwood (2014), Moomins on the Riviera (2014), The Pass (2016), and The Good Liar (2019). Besides that, he has acted in numerous London-based theatrical plays.
Russell George Tovey
Billericay, Basildon, Essex, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Russell had attended the Harold Court School in Romford, London, and the Shenfield High School in Shenfield, Essex. He had left secondary school at the age of 16 and had started to pursue a BTEC (Business and Technology Education Council) qualification in performing arts at Barking and Dagenham College, a general further education college in East London. He was expelled after a year there for refusing a role in the college play in favor of taking up a paying acting job.
- Father – George Tovey (Bus Service Owner)
- Mother – Carole Tovey (née Haynes)
- Siblings – Daniel Tovey (Older Brother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Russell has dated –
- Steve Brockman (2016–2018, 2019-Present) – Russell had started dating rugby coach and personal trainer Steve Brockman in early 2016. They got engaged in February 2018 but had parted ways later that year, in June. They reconciled in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Russell Tovey Facts
- He had revealed in an interview that as a child, he was a keen collector of interesting/weird items. His parents never dissuaded him though and would often take him to archaeological digs, mineralogist conventions, and museums. They had even once bought him a metal detector after he had been fascinated with having one.
- In his schooldays, he was dead set on becoming a history teacher but got inspired to pursue a career in acting after watching movies such as The Goonies (1985), Stand By Me (1986), and Dead Poets Society (1989).
- During his teenage years, he used to work as a kitchen assistant at a pub called King’s Head in his hometown of Billericay.
- He began participating in local drama clubs from the age of 11 due to which he missed his school’s classes so much that his father asked him to reduce his participation in those clubs but his mother managed to convince him to let Russell continue.
- He has portrayed the comic book superhero character of Ray Terrill/The Ray in 4 different shows – the superhero TV series Legends of Tomorrow (2017), The Flash (2017), and Supergirl (2019); and the animated web series Freedom Fighters: The Ray (2017-2018).
- He was honored with the ‘Culture Award’ at the Attitude Awards in 2020, organized by the British gay lifestyle magazine Attitude.
Featured Image by Russell Tovey / Instagram