|Roxie Roker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1929|
|Died||December 2, 1995|
Roxie Roker was an American actress, television personality, and news anchor who was prominently known for her portrayal of Helen Willis in The Jeffersons (1975–1985). Other than that, Roxie was also known for being the mother of rock musician Lenny Kravitz and grandmother to actress Zoë Kravitz.
Roxie Albertha Roker
She was born on August 28, 1929.
Roxie died on December 2, 1995, at the age of 66, in Los Angeles, California, United States, due to breast cancer.
Miami, Florida, United States
Roxie completed her graduation from Howard University, with a degree in Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drama in 1952.
She went to the Shakespeare Institute in Stratford-on-Avon, England.
Actress, Television Personality, News Anchor
- Father – Albert Roker (Porter)
- Mother – Bessie Mitchell (Domestic)
- Others – Zoë Kravitz (Granddaughter) (Actress, Singer, Model), Al Roker (First Cousin Once Removed) (Weather Forecaster, Journalist, Television Personality, Actor, Author)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Roker dated –
- Sy Kravitz (1962-1985) – Roxie got married to TV producer Sy Kravitz in 1962. She gave birth to their son named Lenny Kravitz (Singer-Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer, Actor) on May 26, 1964. Later, the couple parted ways in 1985.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-Bahamian and African-American ancestry.
- Heart-shaped face
- Thin eyebrows
- Snub nose
Roxie Roker Facts
- She was raised in Brooklyn, New York.
- Roker and actress, comedian, singer, writer, and television producer Marla Gibbs were good friends with one another.
- Her father was a native of Andros, The Bahamas.
- In 1974, Roxie won the Obie Award for her appearance on the play The River Niger, and the same year, she was also nominated for a Tony Award.
- During the late ’60s, Roxie hosted the community-access program at the Inside Bedford-Stuyvesant.
- She was a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority while studying at Howard University.
Featured Image By Hashtag Virgo / Instagram