|Ruja Ignatova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1980|
Ruja Ignatova is a Bulgarian entrepreneur who is known for founding the Ponzi scheme called OneCoin who was charged for fraud in 2012, and as of January 2022, she had still been on the run from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Ружа Игнатова (In English Ruja Ignatova)
Ruja graduated with a PhD in European private law from the University of Constance in 2005, with the dissertation Art. 5 Nr. 1 EuGVO – Chancen und Perspektiven der Reform des Gerichtsstands am Erfüllungsort.
- Father – Plamen Ignatov (Businessman)
- Siblings – Konstantin Ignatov (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note: Ruja is married to a man who works as a lawyer in Frankfurt, with whom she has a daughter, who was born in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Almond-shaped eyes
Ruja Ignatova Facts
- Ignatova was only 10 years old when she relocated to Germany with her family.
- She spent part of her childhood in Schramberg in the state of Baden-Württemberg.
- Ruja graduated with a law degree in Art. 5 Nr. 1 EuGVO – Chancen und Perspektiven der Reform des Gerichtsstands am Erfüllungsort; that mostly discusses lex causae in conflict of laws.
- According to sources, Ruja had worked for McKinsey & Company in the past.
- Ruja was convicted of fraud in Germany in 2012, in connection with her father Plamen Ignatov. Later, in 2013, Ruja was involved in a multi-level marketing scam called BigCoin. Then, she went on to found the Ponzi scheme called OneCoin in 2014, with her brother Konstantin Ignatov who pleaded guilty in 2019, for his involvement in the scheme. However, Ruja went into hiding in 2017, from law enforcement, which includes the FBI.
- The Times called her scheme called “one of the biggest scams in history.”
Featured Image By OneCoin Official / Flickr / CC BY-SA 4.0