|Ryan Tannehill Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 27, 1988|
Ryan Tannehill is an American football quarterback who was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the 2012 NFL Draft. He has also played for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL).
Ryan Timothy Tannehill III
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Ryan Tannehill studied at Big Spring High School, a public high school located in Big Spring, Texas. During his time there, he played football and basketball as well as ran on the track and field team.
He then joined Texas A&M University (Texas A&M, A&M, or TAMU) and graduated in May 2011 with a bachelor’s degree in biology.
- Father – Tim Tannehill (Former quarterback for the Texas Tech Red Raiders football team)
- Mother – Cheryl Tannehill
- Siblings – Tobyn Tannehill (Younger Brother)
- Others – Jordan (Brother-In-Law), Dillon (Brother-In-Law)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $50 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan Tannehill has dated –
- Lauren Tannehill (2009-Present) – He met model Lauren in Panama City, Florida in the year 2009. They both attended Texas A&M University. The duo eventually started going out and then tied the knot in January 2012. They have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Steel Ryan Tannehill and a daughter named Stella Rose Tannehill.
Race / Ethnicity
Through social media, Ryan Tannehill has done endorsement work for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise.
When signing autographs, he writes “Colossians 3:23” (a reference to a Bible verse) along with his name.
Ryan Tannehill Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Big Spring, Texas.
- While at Big Spring High School, he played 10 games as a defensive back as a sophomore. Then, he passed for 2,510 yards and rushed for 922 at quarterback as a junior.
- In his senior year, Ryan Tannehill was forced to miss two games because of a separated shoulder.
- For both his junior and senior seasons, he received second-team District 4-4A honors and left high school a three-star recruit as per Rivals.com.
- As a track and field athlete, he competed in hurdling and jumping events and placed third in the 300 m hurdles (41.24 s) as well as earned a second-place finish in the triple jump event (13.19 m) at the 2006 District 4-4A championships.
- Ryan Tannehill then decided to pick Texas A&M University over offers from the University of Houston, Texas Christian University (TCU), University of Tulsa (TU), and University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP). He redshirted his first season (2007) at the university.
- He went on to finish his redshirt freshman season with 844 receiving yards. The score was 11 yards shy of breaking Robert Ferguson’s record set in 2000.
- After graduating from Texas A&M University, he had planned to become an orthopedic surgeon specializing in knee injuries.
- Ryan Tannehill was picked in the first round with the eighth overall pick by the Miami Dolphins in the 2012 NFL Draft. With this, he became the first quarterback selected by the team in the first round since Dan Marino went 27th overall in 1983.
- He signed a four-year rookie contract with the Miami Dolphins worth about $12.688 million, with a fifth-year option, on July 28, 2012.
- The Miami Dolphins traded Ryan Tannehill and a sixth-round selection in the 2019 NFL Draft to the Tennessee Titans on March 15, 2019, in exchange for a fourth-round selection in the 2020 draft and a seventh-round selection in the 2019 draft. Subsequently, Ryan went on to sign a one-year deal worth $7 million with up to $12 million in incentives.
Featured Image by Chipermc / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0 DEED