|Danny Fujikawa Quick Info
|5 ft 11 in
|Date of Birth
|June 10, 1986
Danny Fujikawa is an American musician who is known for being the co-founder and the lead guitarist of the 4-person former band from Santa Monica, California, known as Chief. Danny has also gained a lot of attention for his relationship with the famous Hollywood actress Kate Hudson. Some of his songs along with the band Chief are Mighty Proud, Night And Day, Breaking Walls, and many more.
Daniel Conor Fujikawa
Los Angeles, California, United States
California, United States
Danny went to Windward High School for a brief period of time. He later attended the New York University to study Music.
- Father – Ron Fujikawa
- Mother – Melissa Linehan
- Siblings – Michael Fujikawa (Brother), Brady Fujikawa (Brother)
- Others – Yoshihiko Fred Fujikawa (Paternal Grandfather), Alice Mae Aoki (Paternal Grandmother), Anthony Paul Linehan (Maternal Grandfather), Evelyn Bott (Maternal Grandmother)
Folk Rock, Rock, Folk
- Domino Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny has dated –
- Kate Hudson (2017-Present) – The rumors about Danny being in a relationship first started when the couple was spotted together in Los Angeles in March 2017. They, however, know each other for more than the past 15 years as revealed by Kate when she appeared on the show The Talk. The couple became parents to their first child together, a daughter named Rani Rose Hudson Fujikawa on October 2, 2018. Kate and Danny got engaged in September 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He has Japanese ancestry on his father’s side, while, on his mother’s side, he has Irish, English, Scottish, 1/16th Danish, smaller amounts of German and Dutch, and remote French ancestry.
Best Known For
- Being the lead guitarist of the 4-person former band from Santa Monica, California, known as Chief
- Being in a relationship with famous Hollywood actress Kate Hudson
Danny released his debut album Modern Rituals along with the band Chief in August 2010.
First Web Show
He made his web show debut on Noisemakers on Noisevox in 2009.
Danny Fujikawa Facts
- Back in the days, Danny co-formed an LA-based folk-rock band known by the name of Chief for which he was the lead guitarist along with his brother who played the drums. The band later disbanded but the members remain in friendly terms.
- He met his Chief bandmates lead singer, Evan Koga, and bassist, Mike Moonves at the New York University as per a post in Domino USA.
- In 2013, he became the founder of a record company called Lightwave Records in Los Angeles.
- He has named his daughter after his father Ron Fujikawa.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Danny Fujikawa / Instagram