|Ryo Yoshizawa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ryo Yoshizawa is a Japanese actor and voice actor who has worked in a number of shows and movies like the Kamen Rider series, Toei Hero Next 2: The Future I’m Executing, Wolf Girl and Black Prince, Daily Lives of High School Boys, The Liar and His Lover, Blue Spring Ride, Psychic Kusuo, The Cat in Their Arms, Bleach, Water Polo Yankees, Tomodachi Game: The Movie, Evil and the Mask, Anoko no Toriko, Her Blue Sky, Kingdom, River’s Edge, My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission, Not Quite Dead Yet, Awake, Marmalade Boy, The Liar and His Lover: Sidestory, Tokyo Revengers, Please Do Something, The Man with World’s Biggest Potential, Is It Real That Teacher Hayako Is Going to Marry?, Cold Case, Inside Mari, and Reach Beyond the Blue Sky.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Siblings – He has an older brother and 2 younger brothers.
Ryo Yoshizawa has been signed with Amuse Inc.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ryo Yoshizawa is of Japanese descent.
Ryo Yoshizawa has been cast in commercials for –
- ANA (with Haruka Ayase) (2018)
- Soft Bank (2019)
Ryo Yoshizawa Facts
- He appeared as Ichiro Yamada in the 2018 film River’s Edge and this performance won him the 42nd Japan Academy Film Prize for “Newcomer of the Year” while he also bagged the award for “Best Newcomer” at the 40th Yokohama Film Festival.
- Alongside Kento Yamazaki, Masami Nagasawa, Kanna Hashimoto, Kanata Hongō, Shinnosuke Mitsushima, and Takao Osawa, Ryo Yoshizawa co-starred as Ying Zheng/Piao in the 2019 film Kingdom. This role won him the award for “Best Supporting Actor” at the 62nd Blue Ribbon Awards and 43rd Japan Academy Film Prize while he was also nominated in the same category at the 32nd Nikkan Sports Film Awards and 44th Hochi Film Awards.
- Ryo Yoshizawa received the 44th Elan d’or Award for “Newcomer of the Year” in 2020.
- In 2021, he portrayed the character of Shibusawa Eiichi, a Japanese industrialist widely known today as the “father of Japanese capitalism”, in the historical drama television series Reach Beyond the Blue Sky.
- He provided vocals to the character of Rody Soul, a street urchin, in the 2021 animated superhero film My Hero Academia: World Heroes’ Mission, the 3rd film based on the My Hero Academia manga series by Kōhei Horikoshi.
- He has second dan in kendo, a martial art that he has practiced for several years.
Featured Image by Martin Kraft / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0