|Sage Steele Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sage Steele is an American television anchor who Is better known as one of the co-hosts on ESPN’s SportsCenter. Before working in SportsCenter, she previously hosted NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC for 4 seasons until 2017.
Sage Marie Steele
Panama Canal Zone, United States
She attended Thomas B. Doherty High School in Colorado Springs for 2 years. After she moved to Carmel, Indiana, she went to Carmel High School as a senior and graduated in 1990.
In 1995, Steele graduated from Indiana University Bloomington with a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Communication.
- Father – Gary Steele (Retired Army colonel and an Army Sports Hall of Famer)
- Mother – Mona Steele
- Siblings – Courtney (Brother), Chad (Brother) (Worked as VP of Public Relations for the Baltimore Ravens)
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sage Steele has dated –
- Jonathan Bailey – Sage Steele was previously married to Jonathan Bailey. They have 3 children together viz., daughters Quinn Bailey and Evan Bailey, and son Nicholas Bailey.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
She is of African-American descent on her father’s side while she is of Irish and Italian descent on her mother’s side.
She has revealed that her hair is 100% gray and she visits the salon every 3 weeks to dye them dark brown.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Big smile
- Curly hair
Sage Steele Facts
- Before her NBA assignment, she used to work as a full-time host of SportsCenter and had made contributions to some of ESPN’s other shows such as ESPN First Take, Mike & Mike in the Morning, and SportsNation.
- She hosted SportsCenter‘s daytime coverage of the NBA Finals in the years 2012 and 2013.
- Sage was born into an American army family.
- She was the commencement speaker of her alma mater during the 2015 Indiana University undergraduate commencement, which she considers as one of the greatest honors of her career.
- Her first TV sports reporting job was at WSBT-TV, the CBS affiliate in South Bend, Indiana. There, she worked as a news producer and reporter from 1995 to 1997.
- From 1997 to 1998, she worked at WISH-TV as the weekend morning sports anchor and weekday reporter during which her duties included the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Indianapolis 500, and Brickyard 400 auto races, and local college and high school sports.
- She worked at ABC affiliate WFTS in Tampa, Florida, from 1998 to 2001. At that time, she was a sports reporter with former WFTS sports director and former SportsCenter host Jay Crawford and current “NFL RedZone” host Scott Hanson.
- She also worked as a reporter at Fox Sports Florida. There, she would cover all teams throughout Central Florida such as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Lightning, and University of South Florida Bulls.
- Steele worked at Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic in Bethesda, Maryland, where she served as an anchor and reporter for the network’s nightly local sports news program, SportsNite, covering all sports in the Washington, DC/Baltimore region. She was one of Comcast SportsNet’s original personalities, who joined the network when it was first launched in 2001.
- Even before she made her ESPN debut on March 16, 2007, Steele was already offered a job by the network in 2004 but she had to decline as she was pregnant with her 2nd child.
- On July 28, 2013, Steel drove the pace car for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Brickyard 400. During the pace laps at the beginning of the race, she was bumped in jest by 6-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson.
- Steele co-hosted the Miss America 2017 & 2018 pageant on ABC with Chris Harrison.
- If she was a Miss America contestant, her talent would have been “fast-talking”.
- She has a sweet tooth and cannot sleep at night without having dessert.
- Sage loves cars and driving fast in them.
- At the age of 12, she revealed to her family that she wanted to be a TV sportscaster and she finally achieved her dream.
- Before her school graduation, she had already lived in 4 distinct countries.
- She has worked at Dairy Queen which was also her first job.
- Sage likes horseback riding. As a teenager, she did compete in equestrian events.
- She likes sports because of her dad. He played varsity football at West Point. He was also drafted by the Detroit Lions. He graduated from West Point in 1970.
- Even after entering her 40s, she was still sleeping with her baby blanket.
- If she wasn’t a sports broadcaster, she would have been a real estate agent.
- While in college, she was in Air Force ROTC.
- Sage loves to bake.
- Sage selects all on-air clothes and accessories by herself.
- Formerly, she has also waited tables at Bobby’s Colorado Steakhouse in Bloomington, Indiana. This remains one of her all-time favorite jobs.
- Whenever she hears the national anthem, her throat gets choked.
- While in elementary school in Belgium, she was the winner of the spelling bee contest.
Featured Image by Sage Steele / Instagram