|Sai Pallavi Quick Info
|5 ft 2 in
|Date of Birth
|May 9, 1992
Sai Pallavi is an Indian actress, physician, and dancer who is best known for her performance in Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam films. She is also credited for her appearance as Malar in Premam (2015), Anjali in Kali (2016), and Bhanumathi in Fidaa (2017). Pallavi has also won several awards including multiple Filmfare Awards, Asianet Film Awards, and SIIMA Film Awards. Besides her show biz appearance, Pallavi is a qualified doctor, as well as a well-known dancer who has taken part in several talent shows such as show Vijay TV’s Ungalil Yaar Adutha Prabhu Deva in 2008 and ETV Telugu’s Dhee Ultimate Dance Show in 2009. Along the way, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Facebook.
Sai Pallavi Senthamarai
Kotagiri, The Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu, India
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
She completed her schooling from Coimbatore. Then, she went on to attain a degree in medical studies from Tbilisi State Medical University, Georgia, from where she graduated in 2016.
Actress, Dancer, Physician
- Father – Senthamarai Kannan
- Mother – Radha
- Siblings – Puja Kannan (Younger Sister) (Actress)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Pallavi has dated –
- AL Vijay (2018-2019) – Sai Pallavi was believed to be dating director and ex-husband of actress Amala Paul, AL Vijay. She had played the lead female character in his film Diya in 2018. However, in early 2019, after people started talking about the two contemplating marriage, Vijay came forth to denounce the rumors and said “the reports about me and Sai Pallavi are false. She is just a nice friend to me. I don’t have plans of getting married now. My only focus is on movies.”
Race / Ethnicity
- Thick eyebrows
- Rosy red cheeks
- Long twirly hair
Best Known For
- Being cast as Malar in Premam (2015), Anjali in Kali (2016), and Bhanumathi in Fidaa (2017)
- Winning many Filmfare Awards, Asianet Film Awards, and SIIMA Film Awards
- Starring in several other films such as Diya (2018), Maari 2 (2018), and NGK: Nandha Gopalan Kumaran (2019)
Pallavi made her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance as a schoolgirl in Kasthuri Maan in 2005. However, her role was uncredited.
She made her first Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Malar in Alphonse Putharen’s Premam in 2015.
Pallavi made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Bhanumathi in Fidaa in 2017.
She made her debut credited Tamil theatrical film appearance as Thulasi in Diya in 2018.
First TV Show
Pallavi made her debut TV show appearance as a contestant on Vijay TV’s talent show Ungalil Yaar Adutha Prabhu Deva in 2008.
Pallavi does go to the gym, where she focuses on cardio exercises in order to maintain her lean physique.
Sai Pallavi Favorite Things
- Actor – Suriya
Source – YouTube
Sai Pallavi Facts
- She was raised in Coimbatore alongside her younger sister Pooja who is also an actress.
- Pallavi inherited her mother’s amazing ability to dance. She also stated in an interview that she had never attended dance lessons. Instead, she learned her smooth moves from dance videos of actress and dancer Madhuri Dixit-Nene and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
- Pallavi hails from a community called Bagada. She can speak the language very fluently.
- She was 13 years old when she made her debut theatrical film appearance as a schoolgirl in A. K. Lohithadas’ Tamil film Kasthuri Maan in 2005.
- In 2008, she starred alongside Kangana Ranaut as a relative of hers in Dhaam Dhoom.
- In 2016, she went from simply being Sai Pallavi Senthamarai to Dr. Sai Pallavi Senthamarai after she attained a degree in medical studies from Georgia. She also stated that if she had not gotten in acting, she would have become a cardiologist.
- After her Telugu film, Padi Padi Leche Manasu (2018) did not do very well, it was reported that Pallavi did not accept the full amount of payment from the producers as a kind gesture.
- Despite the fact that she is not an actual Keralite, Pallavi enjoys celebrating the festival of Onam.
- Sai was very good at her studies and even quit acting for a while in order to be able to focus solely on her academics.
- In the films Premam and Kali, Pallavi did not wear makeup.
- As a child, she was diagnosed with an atypical disease called Rosacea. This causes her cheeks to turn pink whenever she is exposed to the camera and light. Pallavi is also photosensitive.
- In 2019, Pallavi rejected a remuneration of INR 2 crore after she was asked to endorse a fairness cream brand. She said, “I don’t endorse beauty products. You need to be confident about who you are and your skin color.”
- For her remarks over Kashmiri Pandits, a complaint was filed against the actress. She had compared the killing of Kashmiri Pandits with vigilantism in the name of cow protection.
Featured Image By Sai Pallavi / Instagram