|Saleh Al-Shehri Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Saleh Al-Shehri is a Saudi Arabian professional soccer player who has represented, as a striker, Al Ahli Saudi FC (2012-2015), Al Raed FC (2015-2020), and Al Hilal SFC (2020-Present) in Saudi Arabia. He has also spent loan spells with C.D. Mafra (2012) and S.C. Beira-Mar (2012-2013) in Portugal, and Al Hilal SFC (2019-2020) in Saudi Arabia. With Al Hilal SFC, he won the Saudi Professional League (the top division of the Saudi Arabian soccer league system) title in the 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22 seasons; and the King’s Cup (the premier domestic knockout soccer competition in Saudi Arabia) in the 2019–20 season. With the club, he also won the Saudi Super Cup in 2021. The trophy, since its inception in 2013, was annually decided by a one-off match that was played between the winners of the Saudi Professional League and the King’s Cup. However, from the 2022-23 season, it was expanded to include 4 teams – the winners and runners-up of the Saudi Professional League and the King’s Cup. In 2019 and 2021, he was a key member of Al Hilal SFC‘s squads that helped the club win the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Champions League (the most prestigious club competition in Asian soccer) title for the 3rd and 4th time, respectively. The latter win made the club the then most successful team in the competition’s history.
Saleh bin Khalid bin Mohammed Al-Shehri
Jeddah, Hejaz, Saudi Arabia
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Khalid Mohammed Al-Shehri
- 11, 15 – Saudi Arabia
- 15 – S.C. Beira-Mar
- 39, 90 – Al Ahli Saudi FC
- 11 – Al Raed FC, Al Hilal SFC
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Saudi Arabian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, side-parted hair
- Sports a long, thick beard
Saleh Al-Shehri Facts
- Saleh’s youth career began in 2009, when as a 15-year-old, he joined the youth system of Al Ahli Saudi FC, one of the most successful professional soccer clubs in Saudi Arabia. He stayed in the system until 2012 when he was promoted to the club’s senior team.
- During his brief loan spell with the Portuguese professional soccer club S.C. Beira-Mar (7 matches in the 2012-2013 season), he scored 2 goals. In his first appearance for the club, in September 2012, he became the first Saudi Arabian player ever to have scored a goal in a match held in Europe.
- In his next match for the team, Saleh scored what became the fastest goal recorded in the 2012–13 season of the Primeira Liga, the top division of the Portuguese soccer league system.
- At the international level, he represented Saudi Arabia at the under-20 (2011-2013) and under-23 (2012-2016) tiers before making his senior national debut in 2020. Saleh’s first senior-level goal for Saudi Arabia arrived in November 2020 when he scored the 2nd goal of a 3–0 win over Jamaica in a friendly match.
- In November 2022, he scored the equalizing goal in Saudi Arabia’s sensational 2-1 victory over 2-time champions Argentina in the teams’ opening group-stage encounter of the 2022 edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) World Cup. As Saudi Arabia recorded one of the greatest upsets in the history of the tournament, Saleh too etched his name into FIFA World Cup folklore.
Featured Image by Saleh Al-Shehri / Instagram