Samuel Henry John Worthington
Godalming, Surrey, England
Sam Worthington went to the John Curtin College of the Arts in Western Australia to study drama but didn’t graduate.
At the age of 19, he did an audition for the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) and got accepted on a scholarship. He graduated from NIDA in 1998.
- Father – Ronald W. Worthington (Worked at a power plant)
- Mother – Jeanne Martyn (Housewife)
- Siblings – Lucinda Worthington (Sister), Bruce Worthington (Brother)
Sam Worthington is represented by
- Shanahan Management Pty Ltd.
- Anonymous Content
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Worthington has dated –
- Maeve Dermody (2004-2007) – Sam Worthington started going out with actress Maeve Dermody in 2004. They dated for more than three years before decided to go separate ways in 2007.
- Natalie Mark (2008-2011) – Worthington met makeup artist Natalie Mark while she was working with the management company that was representing him. They seemed very much in love and Sam even credited her for keeping him grounded. However, they had separated by January 2011 with their last public appearance being in October 2010 at the basketball game in New York.
- Crystal Humphries (2010-2011) – Sam reportedly moved with Crystal Humphries by the end of 2010 after his relationship with Natalie Mark collapsed. He debuted his new relationship on the red carpet at the Los Angeles premiere of his new thriller Man on a Ledge (2012).
- Sophie Monk (2013) – Worthington dated actress and singer Sophie Monk briefly in the summer of 2013 after they were spotted on a date in Melbourne. They went out for a couple of months before mutually ending their relationship due to differences in their personality.
- Lara Bingle (2013-Present) – Sam met model Lara Bingle in New York City in September 2013 after being introduced by a mutual friend Natalie Imbruglia. They started dating by 2013 end. In December 2014, they got married. The wedding was a very intimate affair as less than 10 guests were invited. At the time of the wedding, she was already six-month pregnant and gave birth to a son, Rocket Zot in March 2015. In October 2016, they added another son to their family.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue Eyes
- Muscular physique
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Sam Worthington has appeared in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ad.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role of Jake Sully in 2009 smash hit, Avatar.
- Playing the lead role in Greek mythology action movie, Clash of the Titans (2010).
He made his first film appearance in 2000 release Bootmen as Mitchell Okden.
First TV Show
Worthington guest appeared in an episode of legal drama series JAG as Dunsmore in 2000.
In a bid to prepare for his role in the sequel of Clash of the Titans (2010), Worthington enlisted the help of celebrity trainer Rodney Johnson. As the time was on the shorter side, Johnson prepared a really grueling and boxing style workout for Worthington.
In the lead up to the movie, he was training about 5 to 6 hours a day. He was hitting the gym for a two-hour session, fueling up with proteins and carbs and catching some sleep. He would again get up and hit the gym for another workout session, which involved pumping some heavy iron.
He doesn’t enjoy lifting weight in the gym but has no qualms about doing it just for the sake of his roles.
Sam Worthington Favorite Things
- Movies – Lethal Weapon 2 (1989), Mad Max 2 (1981), The Year of Living Dangerously (1982), Beverly Hills Cop (1984), Die Hard (1988)
- Singers – Bernard Fanning, Xavier Rudd
Source – Rotten Tomatoes, IMDb
Sam Worthington Facts
- In November 2012, Worthington was pepper-sprayed and handcuffed by the staff at the Vortex Bar in Atlanta after he pushed doorman for denying him entry. He was later handed over to police authorities.
- In February 2014, he was arrested by New York City police after he clocked a press member, Sheng Li for allegedly kicking his then girlfriend Bingle in the shin. The court ordered him to stay away from Li for six months.
- In 2009, the GQ Australia magazine named him the “Man of the Year.” He had to share the honor with Russell Crowe and Eric Bana.
- After he dropped out of college, he got $400 from his father, who sent him to Cairns and asked him to earn his way back to home.
- When he applied for admission at the National Institute of Dramatic Art, he was 19 years old and working as a bricklayer for financial support.
- In 2010, the Madison magazine selected him as Australia’s Most Stylish Male Celebrity.
- He managed to reach the final round of auditions for the role of James Bond in Casino Royale (2006) before losing out to Daniel Craig.
- Before he managed to pass the audition for his role in Avatar (2009), he was living in his car, which he had bought after selling all his possessions for about $2000.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.