|Samantha Ponder Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 11, 1985|
Samantha Ponder is an American sportscaster and reporter, best known as the host of ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown starting in 2017. She had a long history of working for ESPN, particularly as a host/reporter for college football and a sideline reporter for basketball. She also took over the role of a reporter for College GameDay on ESPN from Erin Andrews in 2012 and remained in that position until 2016. Furthermore, she was widely recognized as a regular sideline reporter for ESPN’s Thursday Night College Football between 2012 and 2014.
Samantha Sainte-Claire Steele
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Samantha attended Central High School in Phoenix, Arizona, United States. After graduation, she enrolled in The King’s College in New York City, New York, United States.
However, after a lucrative job offer, Samantha transferred to Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, United States.
- Father – He was a Christian missionary for M.A.D. Ministries.
- Mother – Cindi Steele (Christian missionary for M.A.D. Ministries)
- Siblings – She has 3 siblings.
Samantha Ponder is represented by Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Samantha Ponder has dated –
- Christian Ponder (2012-Present) – After around 2 months of dating, on December 17, 2012, she married Christian, who was a Minnesota Vikings quarterback. The pair welcomed their 1st child, a daughter named Bowden Sainte-Claire, whom they nicknamed Scout, on July 22, 2014. Around 3 years later, Samantha gave birth to their 2nd child, a son named Robinson True, on June 7, 2017. On July 21, 2018, she announced the birth of her 3rd child, a daughter named Price. Soon after her birth, Price had to be hospitalized at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, New York and underwent emergency surgery.
Race / Ethnicity
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dirty Blonde’ and ‘Ombre’ with ‘Dark Brown’ hair roots in the past.
While the color of her right eye is completely blue, her left eye has a noticeable light brown smudge.
Samantha Ponder has endorsed brands such as –
- VIDA MOULIN
- Maple Phoenix
- Do Good Denim
- Tropicana Juices
She has also supported the Joyful Heart Foundation.
Samantha Ponder Facts
- Growing up, Samantha was a huge fan of Arizona Cardinals, the team native to her state. She was also a big fan of Jake Plummer, who was a quarterback for the team between 1997 and 2002.
- She decided that she wanted to be a sports broadcaster as early as the 3rd grade.
- On January 1, 2013, a few weeks after she got married, Samantha started introducing herself as Samantha Ponder instead of Samantha Steele, which was her birth name.
- The news that Barstool Sports joined ESPN to host a late-night talk-show, Barstool Van Talk, on ESPN2, really didn’t sit well with her. A deleted audio from 2014 was uncovered, showing the company’s director bashing her personality and publicly calling her “a sl*t”, among other things.
- On December 29, 2018, while on the flight from Phoenix, Arizona to New York City, New York, Samantha suffered a seizure. A fellow ESPN personality, Trey Wingo, jumped in to fill her spot while she underwent numerous emergency tests to discover the reason behind it.
- In February 2019, Samantha decided to get rid of approximately 75% of her wardrobe and either sell it or pass it on to people in need.
Featured Image by GoIowaState.com / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0