|Damian de Allende Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 25, 1991|
Damian de Allende is a South African professional rugby union player who has played for the South Africa national team and Japanese club Saitama Wild Knights.
Damian de Allende
Cape Town, South Africa
Milnerton, Cape Town, South Africa
Damian de Allende studied at Milnerton High School, a public English medium co-educational high school situated in the Milnerton suburb of Cape Town, Western Cape. Later on, he enrolled at the University of Cape Town (UCT) (Afrikaans: Universiteit van Kaapstad) located in Cape Town, South Africa.
Professional Rugby Union Player
- Mother – Beverly
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
105 kg or 231.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damian de Allende has dated –
- Domenica Vigliotti – He has been romantically involved with Domenica Vigliotti and they have 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Sports a beard
He has done endorsement work for a variety of brands such as Golden Concept South Africa, Apple, ALDO SHOES SOUTH AFRICA, Nike, and others.
Damian de Allende Facts
- At the 2012 Vodacom Cup, he made his first team debut for Western Province in a game against Pampas XV. In the tournament, he made a total of three appearances, scoring one try.
- Damian de Allende was selected in the squad for the 2012 Currie Cup Premier Division.
- He went on to represent the Ikey Tigers in the 2012 Varsity Cup.
- Before the 2014 mid-year rugby union tests, he was one of eight uncapped players who were called up to a Springbok training camp in May 2014. After making it to the final team, he had to withdraw as he suffered a medial knee ligament injury.
- He was again named in the Springboks’ next squad for the 2014 Rugby Championship and was named in the starting line-up for their opening match of the competition against Argentina in Pretoria.
- Damian was included in the starting XV of a South African side against the World XV for a game held on July 11, 2015. As he scored two tries in the game, he earned praise from the World XV and former Australia coach Robbie Deans who said, “Damian has been playing remarkable rugby the whole year and he keeps doing the right things. He can add a new dimension to the Boks”.
- He signed a two-year contract in August 2013 that kept him at Western Province and the Stormers until 2015.
- In July 2017, he extended his contract with the Stormers which saw him remain with the side until the end of the 2019 season.
- On October 8, 2017, Damian de Allende received a controversial red card after having only been on the field for 13 minutes in the 75th minute of New Zealand’s 25–24 win against South Africa. He was red-carded for a late hit on first-five Lima Sopoaga, intending to charge down Sopoaga’s attempted drop goal.
- He was part of South Africa’s squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup.
- Damian then joined Irish United Rugby Championship side Munster and arrived in Ireland in May 2020 after the cancellation of the remainder of the 2019–20 Top League. Subsequently, he completed two weeks of isolation due to the COVID-19 pandemic and then made his debut for Munster in the team’s 27–25 defeat against Leinster on August 22, 2020.
- On November 30, 2020, he scored his first try for Munster in their 52–3 win against Italian side Zebre in round 8 of the 2020–21 Pro14.
- On December 13, 2020, he made his Champions Cup debut for Munster in their opening fixture of the 2020–21 competition against English side Harlequins, starting in his side’s 21–7 home win.
- In his first season with Munster, Damian was named to the 2020–21 Pro14 Dream Team.
- He departed from Munster at the end of the 2021–22 season and rejoined League One club Saitama Wild Knights.
Featured Image by Damian de Allende / Instagram