|Vincent Cassel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 23, 1966|
Vincent Cassel is a French actor renowned to play the role of Vinz in the 1995 film La Haine and enacting Capucin Ambrosio in The Monk (2011). He has acted in several English and American films including Derailed (2005), Ocean’s Twelve (2004), Ocean’s Thirteen (2007), and Birthday Girl (2001). He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Vinz, Vincent Cassel
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cassel attended a circus school at the age of 17.
- Father – Jean-Pierre Cassel (Actor)
- Mother – Sabine Litique (Journalist)
- Siblings – Mathias Crochon (Brother) (Rapper with the group Assassin under the name Rockin Squat)
- Others – Cécile Cassel (Younger Half-sister), Georges Crochon (Paternal Grandfather), Marie Louise-Marguerite Fabrègue (Paternal Grandmother)
Vincent Cassel is represented by Adéquat.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Vincent Cassel has dated –
- Sophie – Vincent and his first girlfriend Sophie met during boarding school at the age of 11. The couple got separated and hadn’t seen each other for several years. Sophie was murdered in London.
- Monica Bellucci (1996-2013) – Cassel started dating model and actress Monica Bellucci in 1996. They both met on the set of L’Appartement and began dating. The couple got married on August 3, 1999, and on August 26, 2013, they confirmed their divorce publicly. Their marriage produced 2 daughters named Deva (b. September 12, 2004) and Léonie (b. May 21, 2010).
- Tina Kunakey (2015-Present) – Vincent started dating French model Tina Kunakey who is 31 years younger than him in 2015. In August 2016, Tina made her relationship public by posting on a social media site. The duo tied the knot on August 24, 2018, at Bidart, France. The couple has a child together, daughter Amazonie (b. April 19, 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
Vincent has French ancestry.
With advancing age, Vincent’s hair has turned Gray.
- Towering Height
- Sharp Jaw Line
- In 1994, Vincent did a bit-part role in a commercial for Renault Clio which was used in the UK.
- He has appeared in a TV commercial for “La Nuit de L’homme”, perfume by Yves Saint-Laurent in 2011.
- In 2016, Vincent became the brand ambassador of the French eyewear brand, Vuarnet.
Best Known For
Playing the role of insane and mentally disturbed characters
Cassel made his feature film debut on the 1989 comedy, drama film Les cigognes n’en font qu’à leur tête as Pierre.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in 1988 on the comedy, drama series La belle Anglaise.
Vincent Cassel Facts
- He is fluent in English, Portuguese, Italian, and basic conversational Russian (He learned Russian for his role in Eastern Promises).
- Vincent replaced 3 boarding schools before attending a circus school.
- At the age of 15, his interest in acting began to develop.
- He is very close to his half-sister, Cecile.
- Vincent’s father had the surname Crochon which was later replaced by his stage name Cassel.
- He is short-tempered.
- Cassel has appeared in the music video “Thé à la Menthe” for La Caution in 2005 and in 2004, he was seen in “La Réalité” video by Amadou & Mariam.
- Vincent voiced the character named Monsieur Hood in the 2001 film Shrek.
- He worked as a dubbing artist for Hugh Grant in the French versions of several of Grant’s films.
- He gave the voice of Rodney in the French version of Robots in 2005.
- He has trained himself in Wing Chun and capoeira (Brazilian martial art).
Featured Image by Yann Caradec / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0