|Rydel Lynch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1993|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Rydel Lynch is an American singer, actor, instrumentalist, dancer, and television personality who is best known as one of the founding members of the pop-rock band R5. R5 was formed in 2009 and it released several tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Sometime Last Night, Louder, Heart Made Up on You, Loud, New Addictions, (I Can’t) Forget About You, Let’s Not Be Alone Tonight, If, I Know You Got Away, All Night, Pass Me By, Say You’ll Stay, Dark Side, Hurts Good, and One Last Dance. In addition to her musical pursuits, Rydel Lynch has also been a part of projects like So You Think You Can Dance, Sunday School Musical, A Day as Holly’s Kids, School Gyrls, Bunheads, and Violetta.
Rydel Mary Lynch
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Actor, Singer, Instrumentalist, Television Personality, Dancer
- Father – Mark Lynch (Manager at Wholesale Medical, R5’s General Manager)
- Mother – Stormie Lynch
- Siblings – Rocky Lynch (Younger Brother), Ross Lynch (Younger Brother), Ryland Lynch (Younger Brother), Riker Lynch (Older Brother)
- Others – Derek Hough (Cousin) (Professional Dancer), Julianne Hough (Cousin) (Professional Dancer), Maurice John Lynch (Paternal Grandfather), Florence Eva Potts (Paternal Grandmother), Lee Anthony de St. Jeor (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Jeanettes Young (Maternal Grandmother)
As a part of R5, she was signed to ICM Partners.
R5’s career was managed by Andre Recke and Rydel’s dad, Mark Lynch.
Pop-rock, Power Pop, Pop
Vocals, keyboard, piano, tambourine, double shaker
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rydel Lynch has dated –
- Ellington Ratliff (2013-2018) – In 2013, she started dating her then R5 bandmate, Ellington Ratliff. Since the day she met him, she had a crush on him. They kept their relationship private in the starting and Ross was the first one to notice this relationship. They broke up in October 2018 which was confirmed by Rydel through a YouTube video. They still stay friends.
- Capron Funk (2019-Present) – YouTuber and professional scooter rider Capron Funk started dating Rydel in 2019. The relationship became public knowledge in June 2019 when Capron asked Rydel to be his girlfriend during a concert of The Driver Era. They married by eloping in August 2020 and later in September 2020, they had an actual wedding ceremony in the presence of friends and family members. Rydel had also become pregnant by October 2020. On April 11, 2021, Rydel and Capron welcomed a baby boy named Super Capron Funk. He was born at 10:27 PM. In February 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together, a baby girl. Rydel gave birth to a daughter named Sweetie Mary Funk in August 2022. In March 2023, the couple announced that they were expecting their 3rd child together. On September 8, 2023, they were blessed with a son named Storm Rocky-Ross Funk.
Race / Ethnicity
Rydel Lynch is of German, Irish, English, Danish, French, Scottish, and Welsh descent.
- Blonde hair
38-28-35 in or 96.5-71-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
She wears size 6 (US) shoes in Converse.
She has appeared in numerous commercials such as Xbox 360 (with Ross Lynch), Sears, etc.
Best Known For
Being a former member of the 5-member pop-rock band R5, which was formed in 2009
As a part of the band, R5, her debut album was Louder which was released on September 24, 2013, via Hollywood Records. The pop-rock album received positive reviews and consists of 11 songs in the standard version. The band was able to sell 200,000 copies of the album in the U.S. with peak position #24 on US Billboard 200.
She has not appeared in a feature film other than TV films such as School Gyrls (2009), direct-to-DVD films such as Sunday School Musical (2008).
She has appeared in a short film A Day as Holly’s Kids in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2012, Rydel appeared in the pilot episode of ABC Family’s comedy-drama series Bunheads for her role as Vegas showgirl. Her role is uncredited.
She likes to do yoga in her free time.
Rydel Lynch Favorite Things
- Band – Neon Trees, Walk the Moon
- Song (From Louder Album) – Love Me Like That
- App – World Atlas by National Geographic
- Drink – Water, Thai tea, chi tea
- Disney Movies – Tangled (2010), Hercules (1997), Brave (2012)
- Color – Pink
- Ice Cream Sundae – Vanilla with strawberries
- Superhero – Thor
Source – Mirror.co.uk
Rydel Lynch Facts
- Out of 5 siblings, she is the only girl. She was also the only girl in the now-defunct R5 band.
- Rydel is the second oldest in her family. Only, Riker is older than her.
- Neon Trees, All Time Low, and The Script are her musical influences.
- “Loud” is the word by which she had described the band R5.
- If she weren’t an actor or musician, she would have been a choreographer.
- She once received a live goldfish (in a bowl of water) from one of her fans. She considers it the strangest thing, which she has ever received.
- She prefers singing overacting.
- She used to teach dance in the past.
- Rydel was the first one in her family to get a car, which was a Toyota Yaris. She is not a big spender since childhood and used to save money, which she used to get from teaching dance and maybe other jobs.
- She has a celebrity crush on Chris Hemsworth.
- Her hobby includes doing yoga, playing ice hockey, etc.
- She calls her piano “Poe.”
- She likes to eat McDonald’s burgers instead of Burger King.
- In early 2018, the R5 band was split. Ross Lynch and Rocky Lynch became the members of the band, The Driver Era. The rest of the three members occasionally join The Driver Era for live performances.
- Her parents aren’t into music. They can’t play any musical instrument.