|Michael Fishman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 22, 1981|
Michael Fishman is an American actor, producer, writer, and director who is known to play DJ Conner in Roseanne and its spin-off show, The Conners. He has appeared in cameo roles on several TV series and films like Walker, Texas Ranger (1999), Seinfeld (1997), and A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001). He has worked with several prominent actors including Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, and Adrian Grenier.
Michael Aaron Fishman
Long Beach, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles, California, United States
Studio City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael Fishman went to Orange County High School of the Arts at Los Alamitos High School in the Musical Theater and Technical Theater departments.
Actor, Writer, Producer, Director
- Father – Nelson Fishman (Jeweler)
- Mother – Darlene Fishman (Nurse and Community College Professor)
- Siblings – Robyn Fishman (Older Brother), Matthew Fishman (Younger Brother)
Michael Fishman is represented by Innovative Artists.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Fishman has dated –
- Jennifer Briner (1999-2017) – Michael Fishman married Jennifer Briner on October 22, 1999, when he was just 17 years old. Their marriage produced 2 children. In June 2017, Jennifer filed a petition for divorce and they both parted their ways. On Dec 27, 2018, the appeal got legalized.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Slit on the left cheek
- Michael Fishman has served as an international ambassador for UNICEF.
- He is also an ambassador of Rx Laughter Foundation.
Best Known For
- Playing DJ Conner on the American sitcom Roseanne and Its spin-off show, The Conners
- Enacting Jimmy on the American sitcom Hitz in 1997
Michael Fishman made his theatrical debut appearance as the teen in the van in the 2001 drama-fantasy film A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
First TV Show
Fishman made his first TV show appearance in 1988 as D.J. Conner on the American sitcom Roseanne.
Being an avid scuba diver, martial artist, and adventurer, Michael manages to keep himself fit and healthy. He worked as a baseball coach for more than 10 years. Fishman has also served as a Softball trainer.
Michael Fishman Facts
- His upbringing was done in Los Angeles County, California, United States.
- Michael started acting in 1988.
- He came in contact with Roseanne Barr during an audition and impressed her with his jokes and got selected to play DJ Conner, her on-screen son on the TV series Roseanne which he played from age 6 to age 15.
- He along with his former wife has worked as an advocate for rare disease awareness.
- Michael became a part of the Global Genes Advocacy Summit.
- He and his best friend Mary T. Quigley organized a memorial fund in the memory of their beloved co-star Glenn Quinn who died in 2002.
- Fishman has served as a coach of about every level of Baseball from T-ball through Community College.
- In 2005, he received the 52nd position at VH1’s The Greatest (1998) “100 Greatest Kid Stars of all time”.
- E! Entertainment Television included Michael in the list of “50 Cutest Child Stars: All Grown Up” in 2005.
- He got the 73rd position on VH1’s “100 Greatest Kid Stars” in 2012.
- He worked as a baseball trainer in a high school for more than 10 years.
- Michael also coached a semi-pro Independent Korean team in the past.
- He did dangerous stunts and knife fight on his own during the production of the TV series Walker, Texas Ranger in 1999 along with Chuck Norris.
- Michael has played baseball with Mexican and Japanese teams.
- He has served as a trainer of Baseball and Softball clinics for the underprivileged youth at Major League Stadiums.
- Michael is an active visitor to sick kids at UCLA Children’s Hospital.
- Being an experienced avid Scuba Diver, Fishman worked as a scuba diving instructor.
- He is a member and a spokesman of several charities such as Make-A-Wish, American Red Cross, Special Olympics, MADD, RADD, D.A.R.E International, The Human Society, and World Wildlife Fund.
- Michael has also served as a trainer at the Major League Baseball RBI Program.
- He served for 4 years on a Fugitive Recovery Task Force for the State of California.
- Michael Fishman has also worked as an editor.
- Fishman has worked with famous actors including Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander, James Spader, Andrew Dice Clay, Reno Wilson, Chuck Norris, Stephen Furst, Jude Law, Haley Joel Osment, and Adrian Grenier.
- He got selected in a medical college to study veterinary medicine but got involved in baseball.
- Michael has worked on projects like The Roseanne Show (1997), Rockin with Roseanne and The Tipping Point (2009).
- During his struggling days, Michael worked as a carpenter to help his family financially.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Michael Fishman / Instagram