|Sandra Denton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1964|
Sandra Denton is a Jamaican rapper and actress who is most well recognized for being an integral member of the female rap trio Salt-N-Pepa with whom she had released the studio albums Hot, Cool & Vicious (1986), A Salt with a Deadly Pepa (1988), Blacks’ Magic (1990), Very Necessary (1993), and Brand New (1997). A significant indicator of the band’s success was that all of those albums were certified either ‘Platinum’ or ‘Gold’ by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Besides her successful music career, she has played cameo or supporting roles in several movies and TV series. She has also been a central character in reality TV shows such as The Salt-N-Pepa Show (2008) and Growing Up Hip Hop (2016-Present).
Sandra Jacqueline Denton
Pepa, Pep, Sandy
Kingston, Surrey County, Jamaica
Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, United States
Sandra had attended the Logan High School in Logan, Utah. She had eventually graduated from the Springfield Gardens High School in Queens, New York. She had then joined the Queensborough Community College, in Bayside, Queens, to study nursing.
- Father – Charles Denton
- Mother – Enid Denton (née Hyacinth)
- Siblings – Patsy Denton (Older Sister). She has 6 other older siblings.
- Others – Diesel Criss (Ex-Brother-in-Law) (Rapper)
She is represented by Mark Siegel, Booking Agent, ICM Partners, New York City, New York, United States.
Hip-Hop, Rap, Dance, Pop, Pop Rap
- Next Plateau Entertainment
- London Recordings
- PolyGram N.V.
- Red Ant
- Island Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sandra has dated –
- Prince Markie Dee
- Tyran Moore – Through her past relationship with rapper Tyran Moore, she has a son named Tyran Jr. Denton (b. July 6, 1990).
- Treach (1998-2001) – Sandra had started dating American rapper and actor Anthony Criss aka Treach in 1998 and they got married in July 1999. They have a daughter together named Egypt Jahnari Criss (b. September 2, 1998). They got divorced in 2001 after Sandra made allegations of abuse against Treach.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-Jamaican descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde or red.
- Curvaceous figure
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Sandra Denton Facts
- Sandra, until the age of 6, had lived on a farm in Jamaica with her grandmother. Her family had already moved to the United States and settled in Queens, New York City when she was 3 years old. She had joined them 3 years later.
- When she was 15 years old, she had moved in with her older sister Patsy in Logan, Utah after her family’s home in Queens had been devastated by a fire.
- She had revealed in an interview that she was the only black student in the school while she was attending the Logan High School.
- In 2008, she had published a book titled ‘Let’s Talk About Pep’ which primarily focused on the formation of Salt-N-Pepa, the incident of molestation in her childhood, and the abusive relationships that she had been in.
- She had met her future Salt-N-Pepa bandmate, Cheryl James, while they were both studying nursing at the Queensborough Community College.
Featured Image by Sandra Denton / Instagram