Sara Beth Bareilles
Sara B, Serina
Eureka, California, U.S.
Bareilles attended Eureka Senior High School in Eureka, California and graduated from it in 1998. Later, she went on to attend the Communication Studies program of University of California, Los Angeles.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – Paul Bareilles (Insurance Adjuster)
- Mother – Bonnie Halvorsen (née Capellas) (Funeral home worker)
- Siblings – Melody (Half-Sister)
Sara has two more full blood sisters, both older.
Paradigm Talent Agency
Piano rock, pop-rock, jazz, soul
Vocals, piano, guitar, ukulele, harmonium
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sara has dated –
- Javier Dunn – She was previously in a relationship with guitarist Javier Dunn. However, the couple broke up in 2013.
- Joe Tippett (2017-Present) – Sara confirmed her relationship with actor Joe Tippett in 2017. The couple first met in August 2015 during a tryout for Waitress at the American Repertory Theater in Massachusetts.
Race / Ethnicity
Sara is of French and Italian descent on her father’s side and is of Portuguese and German descent on her mother’s side.
- Mezzo-Soprano voice
- Slightly edgy and stompy piano-based pop-rock sound
- Honest vulnerable lyrics
- Long nose
33-24-34 in or 84-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8th Continent Soymilk (2011)
Best Known For
Her hit singles such as Brave released on April 23, 2013, King of Anything released on May 10, 2010, Love Song released in June 2007, and others.
Bareilles’ released her debut studio album Careful Confessions on January 20, 2004, via Tiny Bear Publishing. The pop album, which contained 11 singles didn’t chart anywhere in the world.
Sara appeared in the 2004, 80-minute long, indie film Girl Play for her role as “singer in the bar”.
First TV Show
In 2008, the singer appeared in the third episode of the third season of the TV show Walmart Soundcheck as herself.
Sara was fatty as a kid. She still finds a little difficult to maintain the weight. Sara still eats pizza, hamburgers, and other junk food, but in moderation. While on-road, she sometimes has to choose between Wendy’s and McDonald’s.
Sara Bareilles Favorite Things
- Food – Tacos, burritos
- Thing On Tour – Explore new restaurants, new cuisines and eat
- City to Perform – Boston, New Orleans, Paris, Seattle, New York, Munich (She couldn’t find one)
- Role Models – Fiona Apple, Joni Mitchell (She considers them her role models as they are the best writers and Sara also takes more interest in writing great lyrics)
- Superhero – Wonder Woman
- Video Game – Drakes Uncharted
- Muppet – Kermit
Source – HBO.com
Sara Bareilles Facts
- Sara has also stayed in Italy for a year.
- She is fluent in English and Italian.
- Sara is frequently compared to music artists such as Billy Joel, Fiona Apple, and Regina Spektor just because of the similarities between all of these.
- Sara received the “Best Pop Solo Performance” nomination for her hit single “Brave” at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
- She was fat in her school time and was called by the nickname “Fat Girl”. So, she also changed various schools.
- She has also worked as a waitress before.
- Her favorite place to write songs is her own house.
- Bareilles is good friends with singer Ingrid Michaelson.
- Sara’s song “Morningside” is about her ex-boyfriend.
- She advises all her fans to be yourself.
- In 2020, she received a fan mail which was actually addressed to Sarah Jessica Parker. But, she still opened that package thinking that it was a prank. Sara later shared that on her Instagram stories.