|Sara Bareilles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1979|
Sara Bareilles is an American singer, songwriter, actor, musician, author, and producer. In 2004, she released her debut studio album Careful Confessions which included the songs – Love On the Rocks, Gravity, Fairytale, Come Round Soon, Responsible, and others. She then went on to release many other albums including Little Voice, Kaleidoscope Heart, What’s Inside: Songs from Waitress, The Blessed Unrest, More Love: Songs from Little Voice Season One, and Amidst the Chaos. Moreover, Sara Bareilles has also been cast in a variety of shows and movies like Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert!, Girls5eva, Little Voice, Lipstick Jungle, 30 Rock, No Ordinary Family, Sesame Street, A Trace of the Sun: Volunteering in Japan, and Girl Play. Her performance as Mary Magdalene in the NBC musical television special Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert! earned her nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie” and the Grammy Award for “Best Musical Theater Album”.
Sara Beth Bareilles
Sara B, Serina
Eureka, California, United States
Bareilles attended Eureka Senior High School in Eureka, California and graduated from it in 1998. Later, she went on to attend the Communication Studies program of the University of California, Los Angeles.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Author, Producer
- Father – Paul Bareilles (Insurance Adjuster)
- Mother – Bonnie Halvorsen (née Capellas) (Funeral home worker)
- Siblings – Melody (Half-Sister). Sara has 2 more full-blood sisters, both older.
- Others – Melvin Jack Bareilles (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Margaret Biasca (Paternal Grandmother), Bernard S. Capellas (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Jean Miller (Maternal Grandmother)
Sara Bareilles has been signed with –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Full Stop Management, LLC, Music Artist Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Piano rock, pop-rock, jazz, soul
Vocals, piano, guitar, ukulele, harmonium
Her net worth had been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sara has dated –
- Javier Dunn – She was previously in a relationship with guitarist Javier Dunn. However, the couple broke up in 2013.
- Joe Tippett (2017-Present) – Sara confirmed her relationship with actor Joe Tippett in 2017. The couple first met in August 2015 during a tryout for Waitress at the American Repertory Theater in Massachusetts.
Race / Ethnicity
Sara is of French and Italian descent on her father’s side and is of Portuguese and German descent on her mother’s side.
- Mezzo-Soprano voice
- Slightly edgy and stompy piano-based pop-rock sound
- Honest vulnerable lyrics
- A long nose
33-24-34 in or 84-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
8th Continent Soymilk (2011)
Best Known For
Her hit singles such as Brave released on April 23, 2013, King of Anything released on May 10, 2010, Love Song released in June 2007, and others.
Bareilles’ released her debut studio album Careful Confessions on January 20, 2004, via Tiny Bear Publishing. The pop album, which contained 11 singles, didn’t chart anywhere in the world.
Sara appeared in 2004, 80-minute long, indie film Girl Play for her role as “singer in the bar”.
First TV Show
In 2008, the singer appeared in the third episode of the third season of the TV show Walmart Soundcheck as herself.
Sara was fatty as a kid. She still finds it a little difficult to maintain the weight. Sara still eats pizza, hamburgers, and other junk food, but in moderation. While on-road, she sometimes has to choose between Wendy’s and McDonald’s.
Sara Bareilles Favorite Things
- Food – Tacos, burritos
- Thing On Tour – Explore new restaurants, new cuisines and eat
- City to Perform – Boston, New Orleans, Paris, Seattle, New York, Munich (She couldn’t find one)
- Role Models – Fiona Apple, Joni Mitchell (She considers them her role models as they are the best writers and Sara also takes more interest in writing great lyrics)
- Superhero – Wonder Woman
- Video Game – Drakes Uncharted
- Muppet – Kermit
Source – HBO.com
Sara Bareilles Facts
- Sara has also stayed in Italy for a year.
- She is fluent in English and Italian.
- Sara is frequently compared to music artists such as Billy Joel, Fiona Apple, and Regina Spektor just because of the similarities between all of these.
- Sara received the “Best Pop Solo Performance” nomination for her hit single “Brave” at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
- She was fat in her school time and was called by the nickname “Fat Girl”. So, she also changed various schools.
- She has also worked as a waitress before.
- She has stated that she is “definitely sort of a feminist”, saying, “I don’t think that being a feminist has anything to do with hating anything. It’s about celebrating women and being productive for females. I’m not one for seeing amazing, intelligent women being reduced to s*x symbols.”
- Her favorite place to write songs is her own house.
- Bareilles is good friends with singer Ingrid Michaelson.
- Sara’s song “Morningside” is about her ex-boyfriend.
- She was ranked at number #80 on VH1‘s list of “Top 100 Greatest Women in Music” in February 2012.
- She advises all her fans to be themselves.
- In 2020, she received a fan mail that was actually addressed to Sarah Jessica Parker. But, she still opened that package thinking that it was a prank. Sara later shared that on her Instagram stories.
- Sara suffers from depression and anxiety and also takes medicine for her mental health.