|Joe Tippett Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 1, 1982|
Joe Tippett is an American actor and stage artist who is known for his roles like Doolittle “Mooney” Lynn in the Lifetime television film Patsy & Loretta, Sam Strickland in the musical drama series Rise, Hal Jackson in the Apple TV+ drama series The Morning Show, and John Ross in the HBO crime drama limited series Mare of Easttown. In addition to that, the actor has also been cast in several Broadway and Off-Broadway productions such as Waitress, Indian Summer, Airline Highway, Ashville, This Day Forward, Familiar, and All the Fine Boys.
Washington, D.C., United States
Actor, Stage Artist
Joe Tippett has been repped by Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Tippett has dated –
- Sara Bareilles (2017-Present) – He started dating singer-songwriter, actress, author, and producer Sara Bareilles in the year 2017. The duo met when Tippet was starring in the Broadway musical Waitress and Bareilles wrote the music for the musical. They made their first public appearance at the 2017 Tony Awards. The couple announced their engagement in January 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Joe Tippett Favorite Things
- Place Fro Theatre – New York City
Source – TVOM
Joe Tippett Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Ben in the 2006 romantic comedy film, Gray Matters, which stars Heather Graham, Tom Cavanagh, and Bridget Moynahan.
- In November 2015, Joe Tippett appeared as Jasper Skeehan in an episode titled Kings of the Highway (No. 108) of the NBC crime thriller series, The Blacklist.
- He co-starred as Coach Sam Strickland (the headstrong and strict Stanton football coach who values sports over the arts) in the television series, Rise, in 2018.
- In 2018, he played the character named Jay in a production of Our Very Own Carlin McCullough in Los Angeles, California.
- Joe Tippett portrayed the character of Doolittle “Mooney” Lynn, an American talent manager and country music figure known as the husband of Loretta Lynn, in the 2019 biographical drama television film, Patsy & Loretta, based on the friendship between country singers Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.
- Alongside the likes of Kate Winslet, Angourie Rice, David Denman, Guy Pearce, and Evan Peters, Joe Tippett co-starred as John Ross (Lori’s husband and Kenny’s cousin) in Mare of Easttown in 2021.
Featured Image by Joe Tippett / Instagram