|Sasha Roiz Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1973|
Sasha Roiz is an Israeli-born Canadian actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Sam Adama in Caprica and Captain Sean Renard in Grimm. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Day After Tomorrow, Land of the Dead, Assault on Precinct 13, Superman: Red Son, Turning Red, Extracted, Pompeii, Mutant X, Beautiful People, Show Me Yours, NCIS, CSI: Miami, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Lucifer, Taken, Suits, 9-1-1, The Order, and many more. He has also done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Don Esteban Almeida in The Godfather II and Pavel Cherny/Black Market Agent in Wolfenstein.
Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Israel
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Israeli (by birth)
- Canadian (raised there since the age of 6)
- Acquired American citizenship in August 2016
He completed his high school education from West Island College in Montreal, Canada.
Sasha enrolled as a History major for a brief period but eventually changed his mind and went to study drama in Guildford School of Acting, Guildford, Surrey, England with the intention of becoming a theater actor.
- Father – Jacob Roiz (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Rima Roiz
- Siblings – Élan Roiz (Brother) (Corporate Lawyer)
Sasha Roiz is represented by –
- Edna Talent Management (ETM) Limited, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Pearl Hanan Management, Los Angeles, California
- Domain Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sasha Roiz has dated –
- Asha Leo (2012–2013) – The only woman Sasha has dated publicly is the British supermodel and TV presenter, Asha Leo who is half Indian and half Welsh. Their relationship ended after a couple of years of dating.
- During an interview in 2016, Sasha confessed that he put marriage and family on hold all this time because he lived a very unsettled life as an actor and was more focused on his career. But getting married and having kids is an important personal goal for him that he hopes to fulfill.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Russian ancestry.
- Tall Frame
- Sharp Nose
- Lean, square jawline
- Clear, deep voice
12 (US) or 11.5 (UK) or 46 (EU)
Best Known For
Playing Captain Sean Renard in the supernatural crime drama, Grimm.
Supporting role of Parker in the science fiction, The Day After Tomorrow (2004) which was a huge commercial success.
First TV Show
One episode appearance as Sergei in Largo Winch in 2001, in the episode titled, Endgame.
- Sasha describes himself as a very active person who works out a lot.
- He credits his fitness to heavy duty weight training while also regularly putting his endurance to test.
- He frequently runs marathons to raise money for charity.
- Sasha swears by the principle of muscle confusion and trains a lot by instinct. Hence, he often does not know how he is going to vary his workout from one day to another. No two workouts of his are ever the same.
- Sasha has never specified his exact dietary habits but claims he is capable of practicing very strict self-control whenever he is required to get lean for a particular role.
- His mantra is to simply stop consuming everything that tastes good or delicious and start working out like crazy when required to radically improve his body composition.
Sasha Roiz Facts
- Sasha Roiz is trilingual and speaks fluent English, French, and Russian. He interacts with his family in Russian.
- In 1980, his family moved to Montreal.
- He played a drummer in a rock band called Tricky Woo for many years before making a decision to learn acting.
- Sasha exclusively wanted to work as a theater actor and had no interest or hope of being in films or TV. He changed his mind when several opportunities opened up for him as soon as he moved back to Toronto, Canada after finishing drama school.
- Being an outdoors and nature loving guy, Sasha is an avid traveler who enjoys travel photography. He frequently shares his travel experiences on Instagram.
- He visited Africa to especially hike Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Sasha’s famous role as Sam Adama in Caprica (2009 – 2010) originally was a mere guest appearance. It was expanded after his audition to make him a regular cast member.
- When Sasha moved to Portland, Oregon to shoot for Grimm, he had not been on a bicycle in 20 years, but he purchased a bike there that became his main conveyance for local travel.
- Although he was acting for a long time, Sasha invited his parents to the sets to see him working for the very first time when he was shooting for Grimm. He revealed that his mother totally embarrassed him by applauding loudly at the end of one of his takes.
- Sasha owns an apricot-colored poodle named Bernie the poo. He loves his dog so much that he has created an Instagram page in his name.
Featured Image by Keith McDuffee / Flickr / CC BY 2.0