|Belal Muhammad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Belal Muhammad is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the welterweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in July 2016. As of October 2022, he was ranked number 4 in the UFC welterweight rankings. As of April 2023, Belal had amassed a 13-3 win-loss record in the promotion and won 3 ‘UFC Bonus Awards’ – ‘Fight of the Night’ (Once) and ‘Performance of the Night’ (2 times). Before joining UFC in July 2016, he had put together a 9-0 win-loss record, competing in promotions such as Hoosier Fight Club, Bellator MMA, and Titan FC (Fighting Championships). During this phase of his career (August 2012-April 2016), Belal won the Titan FC Welterweight Championship in April 2016. He holds a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Remember the Name
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Belal had attended the William J. Bogan Computer Technical High School (also known simply as Bogan High School), a public school located in the Ashburn neighborhood on the southwest side of his hometown of Chicago. He used to wrestle for his school’s sports team.
After his high school graduation, he joined The University of Illinois College of Law, the law school of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, a public land-grant research university in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana in Champaign County, Illinois. He, however, dropped out before completing his degree.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Abdullah Muhammad (Cellphone Store Owner)
- Siblings – Amyra (Sister) (Pharmacy Owner). He also has an older brother and 2 younger brothers.
6 ft or 183 cm
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Palestinian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Affable smile
He has been sponsored by YoungLA, a fitness clothing brand headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
Belal Muhammad Facts
- In June 2020, stores owned by Belal’s father and cousins in Chicago were looted and destroyed during the seminal George Floyd protests, a series of civil disturbances that took place in response to the murder of an African-American man named George Floyd. He was killed in late May 2020, in police custody in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The protests occurred simultaneously in more than 100 cities in the United States and Chicago was among 12 major cities that had to declare curfews to prevent looting and vandalism.
- In July 2021, Belal threw the ceremonial first pitch for the Chicago Cubs, an American professional baseball team that competes in MLB (Major League Baseball), the oldest major professional sports league in the world and one of the 4 major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada.
- In October 2022, when he defeated Sean Brady in a UFC bout, the legendary Russian former professional mixed martial artist Khabib Nurmagomedov was one of his cornermen. Belal won the ‘Performance of the Night’ UFC bonus award for this bout – the 2nd such honor of his career.
- As of April 2023, he had won 10 of his 13 UFC bouts (76.92%) via decision (unanimous/split). This was the 6th highest such percentage in UFC history by this time. 9 of these 10 wins were by unanimous decision – the joint 6th most such wins in UFC history.
Featured Image by Belal Muhammad / Instagram