|Saskia Burmeister Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1985|
Saskia Burmeister is an Australian actress who is best known for portraying important roles in several TV series such as Dina Demiris in Wicked Science (2004), Lieutenant Nikki Caetano in Sea Patrol (2007-2009), Tegan Callahan in Home and Away (2011), and Ashley Barker in Blue Heelers (2005). However, she made her mark as Erica Yurken in the film Hating Alison Ashley in 2005. After that, she went on to star in many other hit films including The Jammed (2007).
Sassy, Sas, Bask
New South Wales, Australia
Saskia studied at the Mosman High School in Sydney during which she also trained in acting at the Australian Theatre for Young People.
- Father – He is a photographer.
- Mother – She is a photographer and producer.
- Siblings – Martika Sullivan (Older Sister) (Actress)
Saskia is represented by United Management.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saskia has dated –
- Jamie Croft (2003-Present) – Saskia was 14 years old when she saw actor Jamie Croft on the silver screen. It was love at first sight for Saskia. A year later, the two coincidently made to the same film audition where she was not given the role of Jamie’s sister. However, they soon starred as a couple in The Pact (2003) and the rest was history. In February 2008, they finally tied the knot and in May 2012, they had their first child, a boy named Jackson Jay. In June 2014, the couple had their 2nd son, Bodhi Phoenix.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Starring as Erica Yurken in Hating Alison Ashley in 2005 for which she was nominated for the Australian Film Institute‘s “Best Lead Actress” award
- Her portrayal of Ashley Barker in Blue Heelers in 2005 for which she won Australian Film Institute‘s “Best Guest or Supporting Actress in Television Drama” award in 2006
- Being nominated for the Australian Film Institute‘s “Best Supporting Actress” award for her character as Vanya in The Jammed (2007)
- Starring in several films such as Ned Kelly (2003), The Pact (2003), Thunderstruck (2004), and Jewboy (2005)
Saskia made her theatrical film debut as Jane Jones in the drama film Ned Kelly in 2003.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Victoria St. Clair on Water Rats in 2000.
Saskia’s personal trainers are Yani Burmeister and Rad Burmeister. She trains at the Unity Gym.
In 2012, Saskia weighed in about 80.8 kg and her body fat was 23.2%. Given her high body fat, she wanted to reduce it to 12%. She followed a 12-week conditioning program developed by her personal trainers at Unity Gym and during the end of the program, she reduced to about 18.8% of body fat. As for weight, she continued to work out and managed to drop down to 69.6 kg.
Saskia Burmeister Favorite Things
- Beach – Balmoral Beach
- Designer – Lisa Ho
- Bar In Sydney – Pocket Bar in Darlinghurst
- Shopping Stores – The Strand Arcade, in the Sydney CBD, Lisa Ho, and Dinosaur Designs
- Café – Bertoni in Balmain
- Weekend Activity – Going to the Organic Farmers Market to pick up a few essentials for the house along with a coffee and a pastry as well as a juice and go on a picnic
- Only-In Sydney Activity – Catch the ferry to the Circular Quay at dusk to visit the harbor bridge and Opera House
Source – The Sydney Morning Herald
Saskia Burmeister Facts
- She was born in New South Wales but spent her childhood days in Bellington.
- She had already been acting before she graduated from high school and took part in several high school productions such as Blackrock and The Merchant of Venice.
- Saskia enjoys visiting the harbor, the ferries, and the Balmoral Beach when she’s in Sydney.
- She loves spending her time watching theater productions at places like Stables, Belvoir, and The Old Fitz.
- Saskia’s go-to-restaurant is Baroque in The Rocks. She even got her wedding cake made from Baroque.
- She once bought a Nespresso coffee machine.
- In 2012, she was selected among several other women for InStyle’s Women of Style Awards.
- She is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0