|Sean Payton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1963|
Sean Payton is an American football coach and former player who has served as the head coach of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). As a player, he was a part of teams including the Chicago Bruisers, Leicester Panthers, Chicago Bears, and Ottawa Rough Riders. Additionally, he has also achieved the feat of becoming one of the longest-serving active coaches with his NFL tenure.
Patrick Sean Payton
San Mateo, California, United States
Sean Payton studied at Naperville Central High School in Naperville, Illinois, and started as a quarterback in his senior year. He also attended Eastern Illinois University where he played as a quarterback.
Football Coach, Former Player
- Father – Thomas Payton (Worked in the insurance industry)
- Mother – Jeanne Payton
- Siblings – Tom Payton (Brother), Molly Payton (Sister), Patrice Payton (Sister)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Payton has dated –
- Beth Shuey (1989-2014) – He was previously married to Beth Shuey and the duo parents 2 children – daughter Meghan (born 1997) and son Connor (born 2000).
- Skylene Montgomery – Payton is in a relationship with Skylene Montgomery and they got engaged on November 8, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Sean Payton is of Irish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Sharp gaze
- Offensive prowess
Sean Payton Facts
- He grew up in Naperville, Illinois.
- He was awarded as NFC Coach of the Year by the Kansas City Committee of 101 both in 2006 and 2009.
- In January 2007, Sean Payton was honored with the AP NFL Coach of the Year Award.
- He became the highest-paid coach in NFL history as he signed a 5-year contract deal with New Orleans Saints in December 2012.
- Sean Payton became the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the NFL when it was reported that Payton had tested positive for the virus on March 19, 2020. Later, on March 26, he revealed that he tested negative and has been cleared from COVID-19.
Featured Image by Tammy Anthony Baker / Flickr / CC BY 2.0