|Sébastien Buemi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1988|
Sébastien Buemi is a Swiss world-class racing driver who won the FIA World Endurance Championship with Toyota Motorsport in 2014 and FIA Formula E World Champion in 2016. He also won the 24 Hours of Le Mans race with Toyota Gazoo Racing in 2018. He is also the test and reserve driver for Red Bull Racing F1 Team. In 2009, he made his Formula 1 debut with Scuderia Toro Rosso.
Sébastien Olivier Buemi
There is no information available about Sébastien Buemi’s educational qualifications.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Natacha Gachnang (Cousin) (Formula 1 Driver)
Sébastien Buemi is managed by GP Sports Management, London, England, UK.
- Infiniti Red Bull Racing
- Toyota Racing
- E.DAMS Renault
- Toro Rosso
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sébastien Buemi has dated –
- Jennifer Buemi (2015-Present) – On August 14, 2015, Sébastien married his girlfriend Jennifer Buemi. They are blessed with 2 sons – Jules Buemi (born February 2016) and Theo Buemi (born January 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Short hair
- Long face structure
- Deep eyes socket
Sébastien Buemi has endorsed various brands like –
- Red Bull Switzerland
- Toyota AG
- Mood Collection
- Richard Mille
- RENAULT e.dams
- Bell Helmets
- Helmart Design
- LEMO USA
- CHEZ Camille Bloch
- Rebellion Timepieces
- Verbier Official
On May 14, 2018, he was appointed as Formula E ambassador by Julius Bär.
On April 9, 2018, he was selected by the Formula E Championship partner ABB group as their driver ambassador.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most competitive and consistent professional Formula 1, Formula E, and WEC racing drivers who has also achieved numerous podium finishes for the team. In 2018, he won the 24 Hours of Le Mans race with Toyota Gazoo Racing. On the same race, he had podium finishes in 2013, 2014, and 2017.
- Winning the FIA World Endurance Championship in the LMP1 class with Toyota Gazoo Racing in 2014. The team also had a good run in 2013 and 2017.
- Winning the Formula E Championship with E.DAMS Renault in 2015-16
First Grand Prix
On March 29, 2009, he made his debut in the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park, Melbourne. He finished 7th, ahead of his teammate Sébastien Bourdais and other great names like Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, and Mark Webber.
In 2014, he won the FIA World Endurance Championship with teammate Anthony Davidson for Toyota Racing, as they won 4 races of 8 in the season.
First Web Show
In 2011, he made his first web show appearance on the sports series Destination One.
Sébastien Buemi likes to mix his training with gym and outdoor exercises. His fitness program consists of endurance, strength, and speed workout. In the gym, he focuses his workout on strength exercises beginning with the core then working on legs, arms, abdomen, and shoulder.
As a professional racing driver spends normally 90 minutes on the track, it becomes important for him to work on his concentration, speed, and coordination. He uses techniques like juggling while sitting on his butt with his legs in the air. He also does special work out for his neck. Staying hydrated is also very important. Before the race, he normally works out less and takes as much rest as possible.
Sébastien Buemi Favorite Things
- Food – Italian
- Track – Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
Source – Racingbytmg.com
Sébastien Buemi Facts
- Around the year 2009, he was living in Bahrain before moving to Monaco with his family.
- In 1993, he received his first kart as a Christmas gift from his father.
- In 2004, he debuted his single-seater race in Formula BMW ADAC for Lars Kaufmann Motorsport, finishing 3rd in the race.
- He, along with retired British racing driver Johnny Herbert, trained 6 contestants to become real drivers for the primetime ITV4 reality series in 2013.
- Since 2012, he has been the Infiniti Red Bull racing test and reserve driver.
- At 19 years of age, Sébastien entered Formula 1 as the official driver for team Toro Rosso.
- He is the 3rd Swiss driver to have competed in the F1 race.
- In 2014, he became the most successful Formula E series driver having achieved more wins, poles, fastest laps, and points.
- His hobbies include listening to music, playing tennis, soccer, and biking.
- Visit his official website @ buemi.ch.
- Follow Sébastien Buemi on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by David Merrett / Flickr / CC BY 2.0