|Sela Ward Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1956|
Sela Ward is an American actress, producer, and author who is best known for portraying roles such as Teddy Reed in Sisters, Stacy Warner in House, Lily Manning in Once and Again, Dana Mosier in FBI, and Jo Danville in CSI: NY. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Rustlers’ Rhapsody, Hello Again, The Haunting of Sarah Hardy, Double Jeopardy, Runaway Bride, The Day After Tomorrow, Gone Girl, The Guardian, Independence Day: Resurgence, Night Court, The New Batman Adventures, Suburban Madness, Westworld, Frasier, and many more. For her acting skills, Sela has been honored with numerous awards such as the Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, and CinemaCon Award.
Sela Ann Ward
Meridian, Mississippi, United States
Sela attended and graduated from Lamar School in Meridian. She later completed her studies from the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in art and advertising in 1977.
Actress, author, producer, spokesperson
- Father – Granberry Holland “G.H.” Ward, Jr. (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Annie Kate (née Boswell) (Housewife)
- Siblings – Granberry Ward III (Younger Brother), Brock Ward (Younger Brother), Jenna Ward (Younger Sister)
Sela is managed by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sela Ward dated –
- Bob Baumhower (1977) – Sela Ward and American football player Bob Baumhower dated for a brief period in 1977.
- Richard Dean Anderson (1983-1986) – Ward dated her Emerald Point N.A.S co-star whom she met during the shooting of the TV series from 1983 to 1986.
- Peter Weller (1987-1990) – Sela Ward and American actor Peter Weller dated in the late 80s.
- Howard Elliott Sherman (1991-Present) – Sela met entrepreneur Howard Elliott Sherman in 1991 and the two tied the knot on May 23, 1992. Together, the couple has two children Austin Ward (b. May 13, 1994) and Anabella Raye (b. May 30, 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
37-25-37 in or 94-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
10 (US) or 40 (EU)
She was seen in the Kellogg’s Smart Start breakfast cereal print advertisements in 2006.
Her TV commercials include –
- In the late 70s and early 80s, Sela was seen in the Maybelline Fresh Lash 24-hour mascara TV commercials.
- In 1979, Sela did a TV commercial for Ultra Brite Toothpaste.
- In 1981, Sela was featured in the Camay Soap commercial.
- She appeared in the Sprint long-distance phone service commercials from 1999-2000.
- She did the QVC and National Women’s Cancer Research Alliance (NWCRA) fund-raising event TV commercial in 2000.
- In 2006, she did a commercial for Arnold Palmer Hospital For Children.
- She lent her voice to the Crest toothpaste commercial in 2009.
Best Known For
Sela Ward has done many movies and is best known for The Fugitive (1993), My Fellow Americans (1996), The Day After Tomorrow (2004), The Guardian (2006), The Stepfather (2009), and Gone Girl (2014).
She is also famed for playing the President of the United States in the 2016 movie Independence Day: Resurgence.
She made her acting debut in 1983 in the comedy film The Man Who Loved Women. She played the role as Janet Wainwright in the movie.
First TV Show
Sela made her television debut in CBS drama series Emerald Point N.A.S in 1983 in which she played socialite Hilary Adams in 22 episodes.
In 2002, Ward’s autobiography, Homesick: A Memoir was published by HarperCollins’ ReganBooks.
Celebrity trainer Michael George has worked with Sela as her personal trainer.
Sela Ward Favorite Things
- Artist – Painter Helen Frankenthaler
- Person – Elon Musk
- Restaurant – The Tower Bar, Il Pastaio, The Chateau Marmont
- Song – Coming Home (By Leon Bridges)
Source – ArchitecturalDigest.com
Sela Ward Facts
- She was a cheerleader for the Crimson Tide football team and a Homecoming Queen while in university.
- She started her career in advertising and worked as a storyboard artist for multimedia presentations in New York City.
- She started modeling to support herself.
- A part of the Meridian 22nd Avenue has been renamed as the Sela Ward Parkway in her honor.
- She joined the Chi Omega Fraternity while in university and is an initiated sister.
- She is a Phi Beta Kappa honor society member.
- She has been featured in the She Drives Me Crazy music video for The Muppets.
- To raise funds for breast cancer research, Sela took part in the 3rd Munchkin’s Project Pink annual breast cancer awareness campaign.
- She was rejected for the Bond Girl role in 1996 as the director thought her to be older.
- She is the co-founder and active supporter of the Hope Village for Children which she opened in her hometown. The non-profit venture helps provide shelter and care for deprived and abused children.