|Sergio Pettis Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|August 18, 1993
Following in the footsteps of his older brother Anthony, Sergio Pettis has worked hard to establish himself as one of the leading fighters in UFC. His strong performances had helped him gain the second position on official UFC rankings in the flyweight category by August 2017. He has emerged as victorious in 17 of his first 20 matches.
Sergio Jerome Pettis
Sergio, The Phenom, Baby Pettis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
He lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Sergio Pettis studied at the Pius XI High School in his hometown of Milwaukee. He graduated from the high school in 2012.
Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Eugene Pettis Jr.
- Siblings – Anthony Pettis (Older Brother) (Mixed Martial Artist), Rey Pettis (Older Brother)
Sergio Pettis is represented by Showtime Sports Entertainment.
69 in or 175 cm
Taekwondo, Kickboxing, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
As per his Instagram feed, Sergio Pettis is in a relationship with a beautiful girl. However, Sergio is very protective of his private life and hates sharing any knowledge about it. Therefore, he has opted to keep the identity of his girlfriend secret from the world. However, it doesn’t stop him from sharing their adorable pictures on his official account.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Puerto Rican ancestry on his father’s side, while on his mother’s side, he is of Mexican descent.
- Short Height
- Often keeps goatee beard
Sergio Pettis has used his social media posts to promote products and brands such as Combat Corner Professional and MHP Strong USA.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular competitors in the flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)
- Being the younger brother of MMA fighter, Anthony Pettis, who is also the former UFC Lightweight Champion
First MMA Match
In September 2011, he made his professional debut in a match against Kyle Vivian at Canadian Fighting Championship 7. He won the match in the first round itself via TKO.
Sergio Pettis has got a disciplined and intense workout regime in place to prepare him for his professional commitments. To improve his strength and conditioning, he relies on big complex lifts such as deadlifts and squats. He has also made functional training an integral part of his routine. Last but not the least, he also spends considerable time in sparring sessions.
Sergio Pettis Favorite Things
- Food – Oreos
Source – Bloody Elbow
Sergio Pettis Facts
- He started training after having seen his brother Anthony train and compete in the ring as well as Octagon. However, he didn’t start taking it seriously until he was about 16 or 17 years old and had graduated from high school.
- He first saw his brother’s fight when he had turned 13.
- His father Eugene Pettis, Jr. was stabbed to death in November 2003 by a robber at his friend’s house. Sergio was just 10 years old at that time.
- Before he decided to turn pro, he had managed to win all four of his bouts as an amateur. He won 2 fights via a knockout and another through a submission.
- In November 2013, he made his UFC debut in a fight against Will Campuzano at UFC 167. He won the match with a unanimous decision. He was originally slated to face Vaughan Lee but he pulled out because of an injury.
- In January 2014, he won his Fight of the Night bonus award after he was defeated by Alex Caceres at UFC on Fox 10 late in the third round via rear-naked choke submission.
- His defeat to Alex Caceres was the first defeat of his professional career. Before that bout, he had won all ten of his fights.
- In his flyweight debut in May 2012, he managed to defeat Chris Haney via a unanimous decision. However, he returned to the Bantamweight division in the next fight against Tom McKenna.
- Pettis has managed to earn 2nd-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
- He is a brown belt holder in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He has also earned a Black belt in Roufusport Kickboxing.
Featured Image by Sergio Pettis / Instagram