|Melissa Leo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1960|
Melissa Leo is an American actress who has given riveting performances in films such as 21 Grams (2003), Frozen River (2008), The Fighter (2010), etc. Additionally, her notable television work includes Mildred Pierce (2011), Louie (2012), and Homicide: Life on the Street (1993-1997).
Melissa Chessington Leo
Manhattan, New York, United States
Stone Ridge, New York, United States
Melissa was educated at the Bellows Falls High School in Vermont.
She studied acting at the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in London and later, the State University of New York but dropped out before graduating.
- Father – Arnold Leo III (Editor, Fisherman, Spokesman for the East Hampton Baymen’s Association)
- Mother – Margaret Chessington (Teacher)
- Siblings – Erik Leo (Older Brother)
- Others – Christine Leo Roussel (Paternal Aunt) (Art Historian)
Melissa has been represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment
- Creative Artists Agency
Melissa Leo’s net worth was $9 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Leo has dated –
- John Heard (1985-1987) – The oscar-winning star dated Home Alone actor John Heard from 1985 until 1987. Their relationship produced a son named John Matthew Heard (b. June 17, 1987).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, and distant Scottish ancestry.
- Vibrant smile
- Tattoos on her chest (of a bird) and ankle
Melissa Leo Facts
- She accidentally dropped the f-bomb during her Oscar speech for The Fighter in 2011. Leo later apologized for the inappropriate choice of words.
- Melissa faced a lot of criticism for promoting her own Oscar campaign with a self-funded glamorous photoshoot; a move considered off-putting by the Academy voters. However, she proved her detractors wrong by winning the golden statue in the end.
- She famously refused to identify as a feminist in 2012 stating her dislike for labels and categories as the reason.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0