|Sergio Rodríguez Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 12, 1986|
Sergio Rodríguez is a Spanish professional basketball player who is best known for his career with Real Madrid of the Spanish Liga ACB and the EuroLeague. He has also been a part of teams like Estudiantes, Portland Trail Blazers, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, and Sacramento Kings in the past. During the course of his career, Sergio has won several tournaments such as Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España, FIBA Intercontinental Cup, EuroLeague, FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like Spanish ACB League‘s “Rising Star Award”, “Spanish Supercup MVP”, “EuroLeague MVP”, Spanish ACB League‘s “Most Spectacular Player of the Year”, All-Europe‘s “Player of the Year”, and many more.
Sergio Rodríguez Gómez
El Chacho, ChaCho, Rodríguez, Spanish Chocolate
San Cristobal de La Laguna, Canary Islands, Spain
Professional Basketball Player
Rodriguez is signed with Andrew Morrison.
13 – Sergio wore number 13 in Real Madrid
14 – He wore number 14 while playing for the Philadelphia 76ers
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2014, Sergio Rodriguez is married to Ana Bernal.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long Beard
- Towering height
- Lean muscular body
Rodriguez has been seen in TV commercials for Pepsi, Turkish Airlines, Adidas, FIFA 16, Real Madrid, etc.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most prominent Spanish point guards in the last two decades.
- Also known for playing in the NBA (Sacramento, Portland, Philadelphia 76ers)
- Being the Euroleague MVP in 2014.
First Basketball Match
Rodriguez played his first NBA match as a member of the Portland Trail Blazers against the Golden State Warriors on November 3, 2006. Sergio spent only 2 minutes on the court and managed to score 2 points and grab 1 rebound. Eventually, the Blazers lost the match by 13 with the final result being 89-102 for the Warriors.
- Ball Handling
- Game Moves
- Shooting of the dribble
- Finishing moves
- Athletic abilities
Sergio’s game reached another level when he first entered the NBA. Playing for Portland Blazers and especially for the Sacramento Kings was a huge boost to his basketball career and his overall skill development as a player.
Knowing the fact that the European basketball focuses more on team play and running offensive plays, but in the NBA, the game relies more on individual plays so it’s picture perfect when it comes to getting better as an individual player.
Sergio visited Sacramento’s voluntary workout from where he was later added to the team in 2009.
Sergio Rodriguez Facts
- Rodriguez was selected as the 27th pick by the Phoenix Suns in the 2006 NBA Draft.
- Before he went on to play in the NBA, Sergio was a member of the Spanish team Estudiantes in the period from 2003 until 2006.
- In 2006, Rodriguez joined Portland Trail Blazers where he played until 2009.
- On June 25, 2009, Sergio was traded to Sacramento Kings in a substitute for the 31st pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.
- During his time with the Kings, Sergio averaged 6 points along with 3.1 assists per match.
- On February 18, 2010, El Chaco was sent to New York Knicks together with Tracy McGrady as a part of a 3-team trade.
- On July 5, 2010, Sergio penned a 3 year deal with the Spanish team, Real Madrid.
- In July 2012, Sergio extended his contract with Real Madrid until the 2014-2015 season.
- He was chosen for the All-EuroLeague First Team together with Rudy Fernandez in May 2014.
- Sergio won the 2015 EuroLeague title with Real Madrid.
- He signed for the Philadelphia 76ers on July 13, 2016.
- He was the MVP of the 2004 FIBA Europe U-18 Championship.
- Rodriguez was one of the key players on the Spanish national team that won the gold medal at the 2015 FIBA EuroBasket.