|Shangela Laquifa Wadley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shangela Laquifa Wadley is an American drag queen and drag persona of reality television personality D.J. Pierce. She is best known for being a contestant in season 2 and 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and also in season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars. She is the only drag queen to have appeared in 3 different seasons of the reality show. Shangela has amassed more than a million followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Darius Jeremy Pierce
Shangela Laquifa Wadley
Paris, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shangela attended Southern Methodist University.
Drag Queen, Television Personality, Actress, Singer
- Mother – She was in the U.S Army.
- Siblings – None
Shangela is represented by –
- Ron Davis of Say What Entertainment
- Mark Degenkolb of Degenkolb Entertainment
- Melissa Hirschenson of Innovative Artists
- Charlie Roina of Jill Fritzo Public Relations
Hip Hop, Rap
Shangela’s net worth had been $1 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Middle Eastern)
She has African-American and Saudi Arabian ancestry.
For his drag persona Shangela Laquifa Wadley, D.J. Pierce wears blonde wigs sometimes.
D.J. Pierce is openly gay.
Shangela has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Gilead Sciences
- House Of CB
Best Known For
- Being the drag persona of reality TV personality and actor D.J. Pierce
- Participating in season 2 and 3 of RuPaul‘s Drag Race and also in season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars
As a Singer
Shangela has provided vocals to songs like Call Me Laquifa, Werqin’ Girl (Professional), Uptown Fish, Deck A Ho (Mitch Ferrino Mix), Pay Me, Kitty Girl, and Doll Hairs.
Shangela made her theatrical film debut in Farah Goes Bang in 2013.
First Web Show
She made her first web show appearance on Diversity News TV in 2009.
Shangela Laquifa Wadley Favorite Things
- Choreographer – Abby Lee Miller
Source – Out
Shangela Laquifa Wadley Facts
- She was raised by her grandparents as her mother usually traveled being in the U.S. Army.
- As a young boy, D.J. was the male cheerleader in high school and used to occasionally dress up in drag for creative projects for English classes.
- In 2009, she began her drag career as Shangela Laquifa Wadley.
- She had choreographed a 3-person drag act to Beyonce‘s Single Ladies and when one of them canceled, Shangela was asked to fill in. After the performance, the club manager was so impressed that he booked her for the entire week.
- She won the first California Entertainer of the Year pageant in 2010.
- After performing in Los Angeles for almost 5 months, she got selected for season 2 of RuPaul’s Drag Race but unfortunately, she was eliminated in the 1st episode itself because of her lack of experience and poor sewing ability.
- She again auditioned for season 3 of RuPaul’s Drag Race and was placed 6th in the show.
- Shangela later also became the contestant of the 3rd season of RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars and as of 2018, she is the only drag queen to be a part of 3 separate seasons of the show.
- She was featured in OUT magazine as one of the ‘Most Compelling People of 2011’.
- “Hallelu”, the catchphrase used by her was considered by the Los Angeles Times as one of the ‘2010 Top Terms We Learned on Reality Television’.
- In the past, a lawsuit was filed against Shangela by a former assistant named Daniel McGarrigle claiming that Shangela raped him in February 2020. Daniel’s claim alleged s*xual assault, false imprisonment, gender violence, negligence, and s*xual harassment, and he also accused “Buckingham Television” of failing to prevent s*xual harassment.
- Visit her official website @ shangela.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by dvsross / Flickr / CC BY-2.0