|Shawn Michaels Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1965|
Shawn Michaels is an American former professional wrestler and one of the world’s best known WWE wrestlers. Popularly known as the “Heartbreak Kid”, Shawn has won almost all important titles in the WWF/WWE. He also got his name in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2011. During his time, Michaels attracted a huge fan following and was titled one of the 100 greatest wrestlers of the 20th century by Inside Wrestling.
Michael Shawn Hickenbottom
Sean Michaels, Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid, The Showstopper, The Main Event, The Icon, HBK, Rocker, The Boy Toy, Midnight Rocker, The Pitbull, The Wrestler of the 90s, Mr. WrestleMania
Chandler, Arizona, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Shawn attended Randolph High School. After completing high school, he went to Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas for sometime before finally quitting studies to be a wrestler.
Wrestler, Actor, Television Presenter
- Father – Richard Hickenbottom
- Mother – Carol Hickenbottom
- Siblings – Randy Hickenbottom (Older Brother), Scott Hickenbottom (Older Brother), Shari Hickenbottom (Older Sister)
- Others – Matt Bentley (Cousin)
During his time in the WWF, Shawn was managed by Sensational Sherri and later by Jose Lothario.
He later started getting represented by Encore Sports & Entertainment.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shawn has dated –
- Theresa Wood (1988-1994) – Shawn was previously married to Theresa Wood but the marriage did not last long as the couple divorced in 1994.
- Rebecca Curci (1999-Present) – Shawn married the former WCW Nitro Girl Rebecca Curci on March 31, 1999. The marriage took place at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The couple has 2 children – a son named Cameron Kade (b. January 15, 2000) and a daughter named Cheyenne (b. August 19, 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Thin lips
Shawn has done endorsement work for brands like Gamo Outdoor USA and EyeBlack.
Shawn is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- His finishing move, The Sweet Chin Music
- Being one of the greatest wrestlers of the 20th century
First Wrestling Match
Shawn made his wrestling debut with National Wrestling Alliance, against Art Crews, on October 16, 1984.
Shawn Michaels made his first theatrical film appearance in The Resurrection of Gavin Stone in 2017.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his wrestling matches, he made his first TV show appearance on Win, Lose or Draw! in 1990.
Shawn Michaels trained under the guidance of Jose Lothario when he first began his professional wrestling training.
- Finishing Moves
- Sweet Chin Music (Superkick)
- Teardrop Suplex
- Signature Moves
- Diving Elbow Drop
- Inverted Atomic Drop
- Moonsault Takedown
- Modified Figure Four Leglock
- Lou Thesz Press
- Rocker Dropper (Wrist-lock Leg Drop Bulldog)
- Arm-trap Crossface
Shawn Michaels Facts
- He disliked his first name “Michael”, so everyone used to call him “Shawn” since his childhood.
- Ever since Shawn was 12, he wanted to be a wrestler.
- In his high school talent show, he performed a complete routine with fake blood.
- Shawn started training for professional wrestling at the age of 19, under the guidance of José Lothario to whom he paid $3000 for 2 months.
- At the age of 20, he made his national debut in American Wrestling Association and took the stage name of ‘Sean Michaels’.
- He was then teamed up with Marty Jannetty and their duo was called ‘The Rockers’. They went on to win the AWA’s Tag Team Championship.
- ‘The Rockers’ were signed by the WWF in 1987 but were fired just after 2 weeks because of some bar incident. The WWF again signed them in 1988, and Shawn made his WWF debut on July 7, 1988, along with Marty Jannetty.
- He also opened the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy in partnership with Rudy Boy Gonzalez. The school has introduced many good wrestlers to WWE such as Bryan Danielson and Brian Kendrick.
- His iconic nickname “The Heartbreak Kid” was suggested by Curt Hennig.
- In Wrestlemania XII, he won the first ever Iron Man Match which was 60-minutes long.
- Shawn can use both his hands equally but he generally uses his left hand to write.
- Follow him on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by David Seto / Flickr / CC BY-2.0