|Ayman Mohyeldin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1979|
Ayman Mohyeldin is an American journalist who had started his career working for the multinational news-based pay-TV channel CNN and the Qatari government-funded international news channel Al Jazeera. He had joined NBC News in 2011 and went on to host several shows on the American news-based pay-TV cable channel MSNBC such as First Look, an early-morning show; and Ayman Mohyeldin Reports (originally MSNBC Live with Ayman Mohyeldin), a weekday afternoon show. In September 2021, his program Ayman had been given the weekend evening spot. Over the course of his career, he has covered major political events in the middle east including the trial of the deposed President of Iraq Saddam Hussein, the 2005 Sharm al-Sheikh resort bombing, the first multi-candidate presidential Egyptian elections in 2005, the 2008–09 Gaza War, the Arab Spring, the 2011 Egyptian revolution, and the 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict.
New York City, New York, United States
Ayman had attended the North Cobb High School, a public school in Kennesaw, Georgia. After his high school graduation, he had joined the American University, a private federally chartered research university in Washington, D.C.
There, he had earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in international relations with a focus on the European Union. He had later attained a Master of Arts degree in international politics with a focus on peace and conflict resolution.
His graduate thesis, entitled ‘The News Media Paradigm in the War on Terrorism,’ was accepted in 2002 by the International Association of Media Researchers Conference.
- Father – Medhat Mohyeldin (Public Accountant)
- Mother – Abla Awwad
- Siblings – Ahmed Mohyeldin (Older Brother) (Resident Neurosurgeon at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Former Professional Soccer Player for the Atlanta Silverbacks)
- Others – Dora Bouchoucha Fourati (Mother-in-Law) (Film Producer), Kamel Fourati (Father-in-Law) (Radiologist), Maleke Fourati (Sister-in-Law), Mohamed Fourati (Grandfather-in-Law) (Cardiologist, Pioneer of Heart Transplant Surgery in Tunisia), Michèle Roly (Grandmother-in-Law)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ayman has dated –
- Kenza Fourati (2016-Present) – Ayman got married to Tunisian-French model Kenza Fourati on April 26, 2016, in an intimate ceremony in Marietta, Georgia. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Dora Fourati Mohyeldin (b. March 12, 2017) and a son named Idris Fourati Mohyeldin (b. 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Egyptian descent on his father’s side and Palestinian descent on his mother’s side.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a thick beard
Ayman Mohyeldin Facts
- Born in Cairo, Egypt, Ayman’s family had moved to the United States when he was 5 years old.
- He had started his journalistic career at NBC, as a desk assistant for their Washington D.C. bureau. His first major assignments had come shortly after the events of 9/11.
- He had then lived in Iraq between 2003 and 2005 as a foreign news producer with CNN. He was among the first Western journalists who were allowed to report on the handing over and trial of the deposed President of Iraq Saddam Hussein.
- In February 2011, while covering the Egyptian revolution, he had been arrested while trying to enter Tahrir square.
Featured Image by Ayman Mohyeldin / Instagram