|Shoshana Bean Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1977|
Shoshana Bean is an American singer, songwriter, and stage actress who has released the LPs Superhero (2008), O’ Farrell Street (2013), and Spectrum (2018) and an EP titled Shadows to Light (2014). The LP O’ Farrell Street had peaked at number 3 on the iTunes R&B charts and the EP Shadows to Light had peaked at number 1 on the iTunes Blues charts. Shoshana has acted in numerous theater plays and contributed to the score of several film soundtracks and stage productions. She has also made cameo appearances in TV series such as The Battery’s Down (2009), The Girls Next Door (2009), Schoolhouse Rock! (2009), and Bloodline (2017). Her music has been featured in TV shows such as The Hills, Mercy, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Bad Girls Club, and The Big C.
Shoshana Elise Bean
Olympia, Thurston County, Washington, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shoshana had graduated from Beaverton High School in Oregon in 1995. The same year, she joined the College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) at the University of Cincinnati from where she graduated in 1999 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in musical theatre.
Singer, Songwriter, Stage Actress
- Father – Jeffrey “Jeff” Bean
- Mother – Felice Bean (née Moskowitz) (Dance Teacher)
- Others – Milton Bean (Paternal Grandfather), Charlotte Marcheta King (Paternal Grandmother), Edward “Eddie” Moskowitz (Maternal Grandfather), Sylvia Denise Shemarya (Maternal Grandmother)
Pop, Rock, Pop-Rock, Soul, R&B
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shoshana has dated –
- She had a boyfriend named Tyler who was killed in a car accident on May 1, 2006.
- Benj Pasek (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Lithuanian, Russian, and Irish descent on her father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish, Greek, and Sephardi Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Long, straight, dense hair
- Gleaming face
- Charming smile
Shoshana Bean Facts
- Born in Olympia, Washington, Shoshana had moved to Portland, Oregon when she was 9 years old, after the divorce of her parents.
- Soon after her graduation from the University of Cincinnati, she had moved to New York City in 2000. The same year, she was cast in the Off-Broadway revival of Godspell at the York Theatre, her first major theatre role.
- In 2004, she joined the Broadway production of the iconic musical Wicked as an understudy to actress and singer Idina Menzel. who was playing the lead role of Elphaba. In January 2005, just a day before Idina’s run as Elphaba was scheduled to come to an end, she fell through a trap door and injured herself. Shoshana went on to fill in for her on that day and later took over the role of Elphaba which she performed until January 2006.
- In 2010, she won the ‘Best R&B Song’ award at the Independent Music Awards for the title track Superhero from her debut 2008 LP.
- Her name translates to ‘Rose’ in Hebrew.
Featured Image by Shoshana Bean / Instagram